The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

Leo.
Attachments
D2dkL_YUgAAloFj.jpg
D2dkL_YUgAAloFj.jpg (401.03 KiB) Viewed 12539 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

WOW, unrecognizable....nice pic
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

For a college assignment I had to compose and perform music to re-score a self picked piece of film. I made some cuts into part 8 and showed the frogmoth from hatching to entering Sarah's mouth. The goal was to musically amplify the emotion already present in the film, which was certainly achieved. Half my class, especially the women, had to turn away their faces in terror. :lol:

The cutting process has once again reinforced the notion that part 8 was one of the greatest aesthetic experiences of my life. Part of me felt bad for manipulating such a wonderful piece of art and putting it in to new context.

That's me playing the piano.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:For a college assignment I had to compose and perform music to re-score a self picked piece of film. I made some cuts into part 8 and showed the frogmoth from hatching to entering Sarah's mouth. The goal was to musically amplify the emotion already present in the film, which was certainly achieved. Half my class, especially the women, had to turn away their faces in terror. :lol:

The cutting process has once again reinforced the notion that part 8 was one of the greatest aesthetic experiences of my life. Part of me felt bad for manipulating such a wonderful piece of art and putting it in to new context.

That's me playing the piano.
That's soooo cool!!!! You should record the actual rescoring with the corresponding visuals as well. We would all love to see it
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

So,Apparently David Lynch was the inspiration behind the Du Hast video
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

A real life Waldo? Thankfully it seems no one tried to murder this witness.

https://qz.com/1604947/twin-peaks-plot- ... zil-crime/
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:A coworker and I were discussing the Timmy Westphall Universe today (you’re welcome), and I noted that according to the site, the closest TP has had to a crossover is a mention on Fringe that a character is friends with Jacoby. However, that reminded me that I’ve read Russ Tamblyn played a character named Dr. Jacoby on two episodes of General Hospital, of all shows, back in 2000.

Has anyone seen these episodes? Is he obviously meant to be the same character, or is it just a small wink-and-a-nod thing? What is his function in the narrative? I’d love to see his scenes, but I have no idea where one goes to find old episodes of GH. This feels like one of the most obscure corners of TP arcana, and I’d love to learn more about his appearances and how they came about. In theory, this would be the only appearance of a TP character outside L/F-produced material (well, I guess there’s also Cyril Pons’s barely-there cameo in Storyville).
Bumping this: I found this article claiming that Russ’s character was named Dr. Rose and seemingly had no relationship whatsoever to Jacoby. So I’m guessing the IMDB credit for Jacoby on General Hospital is just an Internet myth that spiralled out of proportion. Any GH/soap opera enthusiasts able to provide any further clarification?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 10.01.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 10.01.19 PM.png (414.26 KiB) Viewed 11919 times
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Russ Tamblyn's character appears at about 3:18 in this General Hospital blooper reel. This clip doesn't seem to acknowledge the character's name, but it's the best I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJ8MoYOOqM[/youtube]

Link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJ8MoYOOqM for anyone that can't view the clip in post.

I'm a little disappointed that TP might no longer be in the Westphall universe, but at least they are still (sort of) in the Marvel Comics universe:

EDIT: I guess there is also that Scooby Doo where the gang goes to Red Room and meets The Man From Another Place, so maybe that ties them back into the kingdom of Westphallia.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Russ at 1:06 & 10:16

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Cappy wrote:I'm a little disappointed that TP might no longer be in the Westphall universe, but at least they are still (sort of) in the Marvel Comics universe:
Ha, that is excellent. And don’t worry, TP (and Jacoby) still fall comfortably within the Tommy Westphall Shared Cinematic Universe(TM) thanks to Fringe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tazGD2 ... e=youtu.be
Jerry Horne wrote:Russ at 1:06 & 10:16
Nice! Thanks, Cappy and Jerry, for the clips! The character’s name is never stated, but I’m definitely not getting Jacoby vibes from that guy. Seems like a pretty generic stock doctor character, but it’s cute to see Russ acting with Amber!
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Ha, that is excellent. And don’t worry, TP (and Jacoby) still fall comfortably within the Tommy Westphall Shared Cinematic Universe(TM) thanks to Fringe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tazGD2 ... e=youtu.be
I've always meant to check out Fringe -- guess I finally have a good reason to now!

Another way Twin Peaks is in the Westphall snowglobe:

St. Elsewhere crossed over with Homicide: Life on the Street.
Homicide crossed over with X-Files. (Munch teams up with the Lone Gunmen in a flashback episode)
X-Files crossed over with the Simpsons.
And Simpsons has that episode where Chief Wiggum visits the Red Room and finds clues in the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" episode.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

David Lynch is getting an honorary oscar!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:David Lynch is getting an honorary oscar!
Cool!!
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Apparently, the Twin Peaks High School is getting demolished.
https://twitter.com/ImoveCar/status/1139592009675620352
I'll see you in the trees