What do you expect to see in the Season 3?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Boy
Roadhouse Member

What do you expect to see in the Season 3?

Post by Boy »

Well, these are not exactly hopes and wishes but more like "what do you expect to happen" this time around? (It doesn't necessarily mean you have to like it.)
Let me start:

- We will hear about "BOB" again
- Coffee cup flies through a window
- I do expect to see Cooper shed a tear :(
- Bobby Briggs does an unselfish and heroic thing
- Somebody is brainwashed
- We will hear "Just You" By James Hurley & the Girls from the recorded tape again
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: What do you expect to see in the Season 3?

Post by laughingpinecone »

My big two:

- actual strong focus on Coop's psyche, exploring his issues like Lynch has done with all his protags from Lost Highway onward
- a number of new characters (and locations) are going to be symbolically tied to some of the old ones, not unlike Deer Meadow
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Shazbot

Post by Shazbot »

There's gonna be at least one scene more horrifying than anything else in Twin Peaks. Possibly scarier than any other Lynch work.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Shazbot wrote:There's gonna be at least one scene more horrifying than anything else in Twin Peaks. Possibly scarier than any other Lynch work.
i'm hoping for MANY of these types of scenes.
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Horror, humour, beauty, and some experimentation.

What I would really like to see is something that brings all the characters together, the way Laura's death did initially. Something to connect the various disparate scenes.

Maybe a bit less of a focus on adultery?
Boy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Boy »

wAtChLaR wrote:
Shazbot wrote:There's gonna be at least one scene more horrifying than anything else in Twin Peaks. Possibly scarier than any other Lynch work.
i'm hoping for MANY of these types of scenes.
Remember the Mystery man phone call scene in Lost Highway? I think we are getting good stuff like that nearly every episode. Twin Peaks is very rich for that kind of material.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Boy wrote:
Remember the Mystery man phone call scene in Lost Highway? I think we are getting good stuff like that nearly every episode. Twin Peaks is very rich for that kind of material.

dreamy
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Is this to be spoiler free? I could hazard a few guesses of what I expect to see after reading and seeing some stuff in the spoiler thread. Don't want to ruin anything for non-spoiler folk in here though.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

What I DON´T expect to see in the new season(s)... is a "standard" finale. I mean, whatever the real ending of this story is, I expect it will be open enough to allow us to continue debating and making different interpretations... forever and ever.

In other words: After Twin Peaks ends, I want the mistery still alive :wink:
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Mibbler wrote:What I DON´T expect to see in the new season(s)... is a "standard" finale. I mean, whatever the real ending of this story is, I expect it will be open enough to allow us to continue debating and making different interpretations... forever and ever.

In other words: After Twin Peaks ends, I want the mistery still alive :wink:
Yeah. It's why we love talking about Twin Peaks after all these years. The theories, mysteries and open ending all play their part in the never ending discussion. Some of this was not deliberate though as we've heard from various sources about the direction S3 was meant to take and the various ideas surrounding Judy etc from FWWM.

The Soprano's for me was the most perfect ending. Some hated it, I loved it.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

In answer to the OP and without spoilers, I think we will see:-

- Another murder early on in the series
- Good Coop and Bad Coop in some sort of form
- More Native American mythology from Hawk
- Old characters offspring getting up to no good in TP
- A large scale FBI investigation all over the US but with the foundations of it set in TP
- New inhabitants of the Red Room
- The Black Lodge beyond the Red Room
- Ed and Nadine still together
- Ed and Norma still fooling around
- ...and a coffee cup fly through a window.
Boy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Boy »

Yeah, this is supposed to be SPOILER FREE thread to let our minds wander. :mrgreen:
Ped wrote:In answer to the OP and without spoilers, I think we will see:-
- Another murder early on in the series
Really interesting Ped. I like the idea that the history repeats itself with another murder being the creator of the momentum. (Though it's a bit obvious choice, but would makes sense in mythology-wise too.)
Ped wrote: - Old characters offspring getting up to no good in TP
I liked very much the Donna and James characters who drew you in the mystery town the first time. It would be great if we followed some younger people again this time, and they realize how crazy history their town has. I do think the younger people could be also the suprise key to defeat the monster Cooper has become.
Ped wrote: - A large scale FBI investigation all over the US but with the foundations of it set in TP
I like this idea. But look. I'm afraid if they bring too many people especially FBI agents into the story it would hurt the show or it could go offrails. But what you say makes sense and made me think again. If the roots are in TP it would definitely always make a defenitive connection and feel whole. And if evil Cooper is not so much an FBI agent anymore he could mock the current ones because we all know there's no-one better agent than Cooper.
Ped wrote: - The Black Lodge beyond the Red Room
I friking love this.
Have we really even seen the real Black Lodge? We've seen the waiting room, yes. But something says in me there's more to that Red Room and you can go even deeper. I think the Red Room is kinda like the gray area for all the spirits. Anyone can come and go there, were they purely good or bad (We've seen angels, the Giant and BOB in there. Good and evil versions of people too.)

Let me theorize this much: Maybe the White Lodge and Black Lodge are the manifestations in the real world and The Read Room is only a place in between them. If you are overtaken your evil side/you are possesed by evil thoughts, the world will turn into this madness we will soon see in 2017. If you can overcome those fears and be brave, your world around you will turn into this heaven-like place where everything is possible. It may be brought up in the show only symbolically, though.
Aqua
Roadhouse Member

Post by Aqua »

Boy wrote:

Let me theorize this much: Maybe the White Lodge and Black Lodge are the manifestations in the real world and The Read Room is only a place in between them. If you are overtaken your evil side/you are possesed by evil thoughts, the world will turn into this madness we will soon see in 2017. If you can overcome those fears and be brave, your world around you will turn into this heaven-like place where everything is possible. It may be brought up in the show only symbolically, though.

It is also interesting to note that this also applies (finding the reflection of thoughts/feelings in its events) for the viewers, not only heroes/-ins of it - I mean, try watching it if you are a maniac ... No seriously :) , the way it constantly plays on the bilingual-ness of everything by meshing together the opposite stuff like love and violence is unmatched at least in its duration. Hopefully they find ways to continue with this; more horror - and not mainly of psycho type perhaps this time around? - also def finds itself wanting to be anticipated. This is also hopefully btw - maybe now the reality explored is much more intensively and extensively darker, and the supernatural side is, although not without struggles, the opposite. THAT - an inversion on the originals - would def be both interesting and somewhat logical maybe to explore as a new topic at least for the part of the new series, but it is not clear whether this is realistic to expect at all or not
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

I expect to see the following:

The White Lodge.

Annie

a grisly murder.

The Black Lodge. ( behind the red room).

Project Blue Book.

fbi investigations by all the United States.

More portals of the black lodge.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

The convenience store!
Edit: sorry, ABOVE the convenience store.