Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Post by mtwentz »

Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?
Feb. 20-21
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?
Feb. 20-21
That's what was originally announced. Jerry's point is that it's no longer on their schedule ( http://www.sho.com/schedule?date=2017-02-20 ) and no mention on the Peaks page.

Instead:
Showtime will be re-broadcasting two episodes every Sunday night on their SHO2 channel beginning 7PM February 5th:

http://www.sho.com/schedule?date=2017-02-05
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

mtwentz wrote:
Feb. 20-21
Those are the dates on the episode guide. I wish they would update their schedule.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Watching Season One today made me remember how much I enjoyed Invitation to Love. Perfect, delightful meta. I really hope it will be a part of Season Three, I think it made Twin Peaks so much lighter and more fun. And I love the notion that Invitation to Love has been on TV all this time, and that their stories have all continued up through today, just like with our favorite characters in Twin Peaks.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

madeleineferguson wrote:Watching Season One today made me remember how much I enjoyed Invitation to Love. Perfect, delightful meta. I really hope it will be a part of Season Three, I think it made Twin Peaks so much lighter and more fun. And I love the notion that Invitation to Love has been on TV all this time, and that their stories have all continued up through today, just like with our favorite characters in Twin Peaks.
On the other hand, the daytime drama/soap opera is an art form in decline. Not sure if they are worth parodying anymore. A reality show like The Bachelor might be more funny and relevant to parody.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

madeleineferguson wrote:Watching Season One today made me remember how much I enjoyed Invitation to Love. Perfect, delightful meta. I really hope it will be a part of Season Three, I think it made Twin Peaks so much lighter and more fun. And I love the notion that Invitation to Love has been on TV all this time, and that their stories have all continued up through today, just like with our favorite characters in Twin Peaks.
Does "The Bold And The Beautiful" still exist?

If so, "Invitation To Love" might as well.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jerry Horne wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Feb. 20-21
Those are the dates on the episode guide. I wish they would update their schedule.
Well to be honest a weekday marathon doesn't make much sense, so if they got cold feet on Feb 20-21, I can understand why. I would prefer they take up 3 Saturdays with 7-8 episodes, but it looks like S2 is being g relegated to Showtime 2.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Very surprised things are so quiet about FWWM. I would love to know the percentage of Netflix viewers of the series that actively sought out the film afterward.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

It could be very special if they do a broadcast of FWWM and The Missing Pieces a week before the premiere.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

mtwentz wrote:it looks like S2 is being relegated to Showtime 2.
Sort of understandable. The back half or so of S2 isn't going to do Showtime any favors in terms of bringing in fresh viewers.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Sort of understandable. The back half or so of S2 isn't going to do Showtime any favors in terms of bringing in fresh viewers.
I think you are underestimating the impact of, as you say, "the back half of S2". There's some seriously potent stuff there, easily rivaling anything that came in the well-loved S1. Overall, I think S2 is just as strong as S1, if not more so. And I wish Lynch, Frost and everyone associated with the "old" Twin Peaks would stop behaving like they're kinda ashamed of S2 whenever the subject's brought up. It is what it is, with all its faults and all its greats (the latter far outweigh the former, I should say) and, hey, look where it got us 25 years later :)
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Agent Earle wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:
I think you are underestimating the impact of, as you say, "the back half of S2". There's some seriously potent stuff there, easily rivaling anything that came in the well-loved S1. Overall, I think S2 is just as strong as S1, if not more so. And I wish Lynch, Frost and everyone associated with the "old" Twin Peaks would stop behaving like they're kinda ashamed of S2 whenever the subject's brought up. It is what it is, with all its faults and all its greats (the latter far outweigh the former, I should say) and, hey, look where it got us 25 years later :)
I would agree that Season 2 reaches higher highs than Season 1, but it also falls to such lows I can imagine most viewers getting discouraged from finishing the season, and missing out on the great finale - in fact, I don't have to imagine, I've seen this happen to many people. I myself am not sure I would've slogged through it if I hadn't been told it was worth it. For this reason, I really have no idea what they're going to do regarding S2 on Showtime.
I'll see you in the trees
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I was an original viewer in my early 20s and I cannot relate to anyone who bails early, because I remember that myself and all my friends working at the same muffin shop were obsessed with TP from beginning to end. It seems to me the people that bailed were casual viewers who just wanted to have the mystery of Laura Palmer solved.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

mtwentz wrote:I was an original viewer in my early 20s and I cannot relate to anyone who bails early, because I remember that myself and all my friends working at the same muffin shop were obsessed with TP from beginning to end. It seems to me the people that bailed were casual viewers who just wanted to have the mystery of Laura Palmer solved.
Right on. When I saw the series for the first time at the young and oh so impressionable age of 10-11, I was obsessed with it from the beginning till the end. I wouldn't dream of missing a second of it, not even for the Evelyn Marsh, John Justice Wheeler and Little Nicky parts :)
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

Jerry Horne wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Feb. 20-21
Right now their schedule calendar is only available through the end of February, but if they continue the 2 episodes a week (starting Sunday, Feb 5) after completing season one (on Feb 26) they could get through the second season, which would end May 14. This allows one more Sunday for FWWM before season 3 begins. Seems like a possibility....
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne