Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Re: Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

Post by Adolphus »

Snailhead wrote:
David Locke wrote: Also, because the series is essentially from Cooper's POV we get a warm, wonder-filled tour of this strange, often dark but ultimately lovely town (no wonder Coop ends up just staying put). But how could we get the same warmth from the POV of Laura? It may not be pleasant, or redolent with all the cherry pie/coffee jokes, but getting that hellish view through Laura's eyes in FWWM was absolutely true to the material and the characters. Lynch really did love Laura, it's like he had to do a service for her character by making this film. Quite a beautiful thing, especially when it results in a piece of work as compassionate and real and moving as FWWM.
Wonderful, thank you for that.
Yes, I wanted to mention what a well written comment that was- and thoughtful too.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Did everyone see that shorter FWWM promo? Was there new footage inserted? What was that music? It sounded like Badalamenti.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

I saw it. The dialogue was a cut-and-paste job o Cooper's message to Diane, so it sounded odd.

Also, they've cut Ferrer out of the behind-the-scenes promo, which seems weirdly disrespectful.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

There's another promo they ran for the reruns which had a very, very fast montage of clips punctuated by Sarah waking from her nightmare/vision in the pilot, then the title.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

The Jumping Man wrote:I saw it. The dialogue was a cut-and-paste job o Cooper's message to Diane, so it sounded odd.

Also, they've cut Ferrer out of the behind-the-scenes promo, which seems weirdly disrespectful.
Hmm, maybe his family requested it? I can't think of why else they'd do it. I sure hope that doesn't suggest they're gonna cut his scenes? Though he probably has a significant role and that wouldn't be an option at this point.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think they just wanted a shorter version of that promo.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Showtime Beyond (which is apparently a thing) is showing a marathon of all the Lynch-directed episodes right now.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

The Jumping Man wrote:Showtime Beyond (which is apparently a thing) is showing a marathon of all the Lynch-directed episodes right now.
Caught three episodes of this last night, the audio seemed to have some syncing issues.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

The Jumping Man wrote:Showtime Beyond (which is apparently a thing) is showing a marathon of all the Lynch-directed episodes right now.
That's a great idea!

Another great idea: binge the Laura Palmer storyline (pilot plus episodes 1-16). I always thought that people who really demand 'closure' should stop watching at episode 16 :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Just a reminder: Showtime 2 is airing "Blue Velvet" right after the Episode 9 Twin Peaks rerun :) And Showtime is airing "Lost Highway" right after the new Billions episode. Lynchmania here we go
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Major Briggs wrote:Just a reminder: Showtime 2 is airing "Blue Velvet" right after the Episode 9 Twin Peaks rerun :) And Showtime is airing "Lost Highway" right after the new Billions episode. Lynchmania here we go
:D
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Is there a way to watch the shorter FWWM promo online? Can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Seeing the Showtime Tumblr regurgitate a ton of giphy gifs tagged using the wrong episode number (counting the pilot as 1x01) AND the German titles is a special kind of hell :| send help :|
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Dunno, the German titles "drama" doesn't phase me a bit tbh.
I couldn't care less.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

laughingpinecone wrote:Seeing the Showtime Tumblr regurgitate a ton of giphy gifs tagged using the wrong episode number (counting the pilot as 1x01) AND the German titles is a special kind of hell :| send help :|
Not quite as bad as their twitter timeline commenting on the whole Leland falling on the coffin scene as 'lol that was so WEIRd and AWKWArd lol xDDD.'

Seeing classic Twin Peaks passed through the sieve of modern, fractured net aesthetic sure is something.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.