Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Post by laughingpinecone »

I cherish the general concept of titles more than most, in general, but for continuous stories like Twin Peaks, I don't like that they shift the emphasis to the episode as its own entity rather than a segment of a whole.
Black Sails doesn't title its episodes either and I appreciate it.

Than being said, "Arbitrary Law" is as spot-on as it could ever hope to get.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

We could also just go back on topic instead of starting a senseless "yes vs no" debate. Cheers,
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Yeah. Now that we know it'll be broadcast in marathons and we have a set date, are people gonna watch the thing on SHO?

I know I won't. I've already re-watched TP too many times since the new series were announced. Besides that I don't have a tv.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I'm planning to do a big Twin Peaks and Lynch marathon, as soon as we know the official release date of the new series. From Eraserhead, all the way up to Inland Empire.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I guess most of us have watched it multiple times. I even have in both english and german. ;)
This is either for them to gather some new viewers of TP, generate some new interest in the show, or of good use for others to actually catch up before we dive into new waters.

I believe almost 100% of us here would just pop in the DVDs/BluRays if there'sa need to binge-watch the old stuff once more. :D Anyway, might be a good thing to do in March, right before the new hit.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Panapaok wrote:I'm planning to do a big Twin Peaks and Lynch marathon, as soon as we know the official release date of the new series. From Eraserhead, all the way up to Inland Empire.
That's a hell of a long marathon
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

Soolsma wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I'm planning to do a big Twin Peaks and Lynch marathon, as soon as we know the official release date of the new series. From Eraserhead, all the way up to Inland Empire.
As I have the tallies handy: the entirety of Twin Peaks, including the movie and Missing Pieces, total about 27.4 hours (10.1 hours, 37%, directed by Lynch).

The remaining Lynch feature films add another 19.5 hours, which is shockingly about how much new Lynch-directed Peaks we're expecting for season 3, give or take!
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I won't watch the whole series, but probably select episodes here and there.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Considering the strange and spontaneous history of how certain plot developments came about (ie Frank Silva becoming BOB etc), it's kind of fitting that the unofficial translated German titles became official.
I don't mind either way, but I can see why it's annoying - less so for the titles themselves than the fact that Showtime didn't bother to find out if they were the real titles or not. UNLESS they did ask the Twin Peaks camp, and Lynch & Frost actually like those titles now. Who knows!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

They're not official. They're just slugged in there.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

I've already started my rewatch of the series. Will also probly give a second chance to some of the Lynch's films I initially didn't like.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Post by Panapaok »

Soolsma wrote:
I'll start early. Image
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

Soolsma wrote:Yeah. Now that we know it'll be broadcast in marathons and we have a set date, are people gonna watch the thing on SHO?

I know I won't. I've already re-watched TP too many times since the new series were announced. Besides that I don't have a tv.
I might try binge watching the first couple episodes with a certain someone I'm trying to introduce it too.
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Post by REdKing »

We have started a rewatch with a group of peers, 36-38 who have actually never seen a second. We've downed the pilot (not international) and will be doing 2 episodes a week moving forward. I'm almost jealous of their experience, what with season three tacked right onto their experience . . . well, almost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

REdKing wrote:We have started a rewatch with a group of peers, 36-38 who have actually never seen a second. We've downed the pilot (not international) and will be doing 2 episodes a week moving forward. I'm almost jealous of their experience, what with season three tacked right onto their experience . . . well, almost.
The tricky part about being around Peaks virgins is not losing it by going "It's Leland!! It's fucking Leland! How can you not see it's not that crazy singing Leland lunatic????!!!"

Well, maybe not that extreme, but you still have to go all poker face.