Wrapped in Plastic

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Juan Franela

Wrapped in Plastic

Post by Juan Franela »

Anyone have any idea if the "Wrapped in Plastic" fellas are planning a new issue anytime soon? With the impending release of season 2 (and Inland Empire), I'm sort of inclined to expect something. In the same vein, I'd love to see a companion volume to "Full of Secrets".
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I haven't heard from them in a while. I, too, look forward to more WIP especially with IE out now. I wonder what John and Craig thought of it?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

WIP is "on hiatus" - in fact, right now Craig & John are only publishing "Following Cerebrus," as "Spectrum" is on break too.

At the time of the last issue, I believe they announced that if enough new material surfaced, they would like to do more. Perhaps on an annual or bi-annual basis. I would think with the release of Season 2 on dvd, Inland Empire, the season 2 soundtrack, "Catching the Big Fish," the lecture tours, etc - there will be enough for at least one big issue by the end of 2007.

A follow-up to "Full of Secrets" had been planned, I believe - but has in all likelihood been scrapped. Lavery has, however, done simliar books for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Lost."

FOS, for me, remains not only the best book ever written on Twin Peaks, but one of the best collections of essays about television ever.
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

i finally decided to get a subscription and i got one issue because it went on hiatus... :oops:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Proud owner of all 75 issues!

8)
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

Jerry Horne wrote:Proud owner of all 75 issues!

8)
sweet! :mrgreen:
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Hey Jerry Horne, I'll arm wrestle ya for 'em!

Yeehaw!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

sloclub wrote:Hey Jerry Horne, I'll arm wrestle ya for 'em!

Yeehaw!

We'll flip a coin for 'em at One Eyed Jack's

:twisted:
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I wonder if anyone on our message forum here know the editors of WIP? I sure miss that mag. Still wonder if a new ish is comin' out anytime soon.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

The WIP editors have been known to post from time to time at the Twin Peaks Gazette site.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

sloclub wrote:I wonder if anyone on our message forum here know the editors of WIP? I sure miss that mag. Still wonder if a new ish is comin' out anytime soon.
I'm sure that John or Craig will chime in shortly.

-B
John

Post by John »

Thanks for all the kind words about Wrapped In Plastic. We currently have no plans for a new issue but that may change as the year progresses.

Clearly there is much to write about. INLAND EMPIRE could take a number of issues to dissect. I've only seen it once and would need to see it at least twice more to provide a coherent analysis. Hopefully we will have a DVD version to watch soon.

I am thrilled that TP season two is finally being released on DVD. I almost gave up on it. We had been contacted a year ago to help provide some extras but then we never heard from the DVD producers again. Oh well. Happily, Craig and I do not appear on this set, which should be reason enough to go out and buy it. (I still cringe when I see that awful bit we did for the first season DVD.)

That's about it for an update. Would love to discuss IE or Twin Peaks if anyone is interested.

John Thorne
(Co-editor of Wrapped In Plastic)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hi John--welcome to our home. I met Craig on line ordering the very last issue you guys put out. I said somewhere in here that I had a subscription at the very beginning and used the magazine as my episode guide before we had the internet. Anyway, glad you came on line and looking forward to hearing inside information that comes your way!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

John wrote:Thanks for all the kind words about Wrapped In Plastic. We currently have no plans for a new issue but that may change as the year progresses.

Clearly there is much to write about. INLAND EMPIRE could take a number of issues to dissect. I've only seen it once and would need to see it at least twice more to provide a coherent analysis. Hopefully we will have a DVD version to watch soon.

I am thrilled that TP season two is finally being released on DVD. I almost gave up on it. We had been contacted a year ago to help provide some extras but then we never heard from the DVD producers again. Oh well. Happily, Craig and I do not appear on this set, which should be reason enough to go out and buy it. (I still cringe when I see that awful bit we did for the first season DVD.)

That's about it for an update. Would love to discuss IE or Twin Peaks if anyone is interested.

John Thorne
(Co-editor of Wrapped In Plastic)
John, great to hear from you! Where have you and Craig been? Don't put your selves down for the Season 1 DVD extra, that was awesome! And so charming. But in a manly way if you know what I mean.

I have 3 suggestions for you. 1) move to Austin 2) put out more issues of WIP and 3) let me come hang out at the office and waste time. I'm really very good at that.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
John

Post by John »

sloclub,

I love Austin and am down there frequently (I drove down for the INLAND EMPIRE screening in January).

Thanks fo the kind words about the Season One DVD, but really, that whole thing with us was a disaster. (You should have seen the *original* full-hour interview with Frost--now that would have been worth putting on the DVD.)

New issues of WIP are quite possible. Nothing scheduled. But quite possible.

John