What will the new season be called?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What will the new series on Showtime be called?

Twin Peaks
61%
Twin Peaks Season 3
21%
Twin Peaks: "Subtitle" (a la Fire Walk With Me)
15%
Other
3%

Total votes: 66
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

What will the new season be called?

Post by ForKeeps »

I didn't see a thread on this so, what do people think? I believe Frost already said that they're not thinking of it as "Season 3" but I put that option in there anyway because who knows.

I think the most likely scenario is that it's just simply Twin Peaks, but I voted for the third option. I was re-watching FWWM today and it just struck me that it would be a cool (and also practical) way to differentiate the new episodes from the original series and FWWM while also harkening back to them. I have no idea what the subtitle would be, but I was thinking a line from the show that we're already familiar with, a la Fire Walk With Me. Something like Twin Peaks: Lonley Souls (this is a terrible title, I'm just using it as an example). I'd love to hear people's ideas or suggestions on that as well.
DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Re: What will the new season be called?

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

Pretty sure it will just be called Twin Peaks by Showtime. However, I think fans will refer to it as season 3 (and 4??) in years to come, to differentiate from the classic series. So for the reason that you cited with your subtitle option... I just don't think they will be as bothered as the fans to make that distinction.

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

I voted for and imagine that it will just simply be called Twin Peaks by Showtime too but I don't think Twin Peaks: 25 Year Later or something to that effect will be out the question. Retailers would need to make a distinction between old and new so Twin Peaks S3 or Twin Peaks (2017) would be the choice I'd guess.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

Ped wrote:I voted for and imagine that it will just simply be called Twin Peaks by Showtime too but I don't think Twin Peaks: 25 Year Later or something to that effect will be out the question. Retailers would need to make a distinction between old and new so Twin Peaks S3 or Twin Peaks (2017) would be the choice I'd guess.
Not necessarily - of the boatloads of remakes we've been subjected to over the last few years, titles are shared more or less across the board, and it seems to be up to the consumer, not the retailer, to make the distinction.

For example, I still get annoyed every time I see the retro cover art for the Robocop remake on Netflix, and think for a brief second I'm in for some prime Miguel Ferrer.
Odnetnin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Odnetnin »

Twin Peaks: Med School
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

I'm voting for simply 'Twin Peaks' because I really dislike the idea of an official subtitle. I like those for films, but for a show it just doesn't fit. Then us fans can simply refer to it as 'Season 3' or 'The new series' or 'The Showtime series' or whatever (I guess with the first option being likely).
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Twin Peaks is called. in regard to the title theme song, and others, I do not think anything will change.They will be as faithful as possible to the original series.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Simply Twin Peaks. Drawing attention to it being a third season probably wouldn't be seen as good marketing and it's already seemingly advertised as a reboot every time it gets a mention in the media.
AgentCoop
Roadhouse Member

Post by AgentCoop »

TP2: Electric Boogaloo.
I'm an admin for The Genius Of David Lynch, Facebook's best DL group. Hit us up to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374245592894483/
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Twin Peaks (Not the Shitty Band or Restaurant)
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

TWIN PEAKS: DEEP BLACK JOE
TWIN PEAKS: A BLUE ROSE
TWIN PEAKS: ACETYLCHOLINE NEURONS FIRE HIGH VOLTAGE IMPULSES INTO THE FOREBRAIN
TWIN PEAKS: POO WILL FLOW
Last edited by ^◊^ on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.