BOB buys a new rug?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gordon
Roadhouse Member

BOB buys a new rug?

Post by Gordon »

I can't believe I didn't notice this before... After Leland/BOB kills Maddy he apparently bought a rug or moved one the Palmers had already and put it right where Maddy dies, I'm guessing to hide blood stains... The second screenshot is from episode 16, but in episode 15 the rug can already be seen when Leland is playing golf ("Playing golf inside? Yeah, you know Leland..." :) ). In episode 17 the rug is still there... Do you guys know if it can be seen before or in FWWM? I think episode 17 is the last time we see the Palmer house in the series...
Attachments
014.jpg
014.jpg (237.88 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
016.jpg
016.jpg (267.43 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
017.jpg
017.jpg (205.88 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Re: BOB buys a new rug?

Post by OK,Bob »

I had noticed the appearance of the rug before! The pilot and Fire Walk with Me were not filmed on the set, and the actual house is decorated differently (and has French doors off the living room into the foyer and across from the dining room). There is a rug in FWWM, but not the same one...
Attachments
twin-peaks-living-room-LP.jpg
twin-peaks-living-room-LP.jpg (31.75 KiB) Viewed 5123 times
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: BOB buys a new rug?

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Gordon wrote:I can't believe I didn't notice this before... After Leland/BOB kills Maddy he apparently bought a rug or moved one the Palmers had already and put it right where Maddy dies, I'm guessing to hide blood stains... The second screenshot is from episode 16, but in episode 15 the rug can already be seen when Leland is playing golf ("Playing golf inside? Yeah, you know Leland..." :) ). In episode 17 the rug is still there... Do you guys know if it can be seen before or in FWWM? I think episode 17 is the last time we see the Palmer house in the series...
Interesting, never noticed that either. I mean, I always saw that rug but never made the connection.
If you think about it, it kinda fits. He was hiding the large blood stain/indentation her body left on the rug, and that she saw in a premonition in ep 8.