Annie in FWWM

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: Annie in FWWM

Post by Venus »

I'm pretty sure many of you will have already heard this theory on Annie but for me this lady's theory was slightly mind-blowing. Was Annie also possessed by a spirit whilst we watched her during season 2? I've personally not heard it before and it made me look at Annie and her journey through TP completely differently. It's how I imagine series 3 will make us look at the two series and FWWM before it very differently. Here is her theory. It's worth watching : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcvyfwEqbQ.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I like the Vlog Lady. Only time will tell but she may have nailed it.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Well if you of all people say that Jerry then she has to be right! :)

*off topic but it makes more sense re Ben Horne now too - was he also possessed by a spirit in season 2 that 'drove him to do good'. No doubt he saw something in the fire that made him turn around quickly towards the end of series 2. Then the Doc bashed his head into the fireplace causing a head injury (could this have been when the spirit left his body?) Sorry for the off topic*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I have no idea what Mark has in store for Annie. I'm intrigued though with Mark's comments on his book tour regarding Lana.
MasterMastermind
RR Diner Member

Post by MasterMastermind »

That was a great video. Even if this particular theory doesn't pan out, I definitely think the third season will dramatically reconfigure what we think we know about Twin Peaks.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jerry Horne wrote:I have no idea what Mark has in store for Annie. I'm intrigued though with Mark's comments on his book tour regarding Lana.
What were his comments on the book tour re Lana, Jerry? If it's a spoiler then no worries.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Venus wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I have no idea what Mark has in store for Annie. I'm intrigued though with Mark's comments on his book tour regarding Lana.
What were his comments on the book tour re Lana, Jerry? If it's a spoiler then no worries.
He went out of his way on multiple occasions to say that Lana won the Miss Twin Peaks contest.

Curious.
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

Here's an article I found discussing the curious fate of Annie in TSHoTP and season 3 possibilities: https://garmonblogzia.wordpress.com/201 ... win-peaks/

It would seem unlikely to me that Lynch/Frost would write Annie out of the show - firstly its just a little cheap to think you can just write a major character out, and doesn't even seem necessary to do it this way (i.e writing as if she never existed). It would be bad writing. It would also be odd because Lynch specifically wrote her into FWWM, when he really didn't have to. Her character there is completely unnecessary, at least if the series had ended 25 years ago.

This suggests to me that there is indeed something bigger at play with Annie, and the possibility of alternate timelines/universes. Although tackling that idea scares me a little, since approaching such a complicated thing as time travel can very often undo a show or film, it does blow the door wide open. I'm not sure if its the most likely approach taken to Season 3, but it certainly appears to be a possibility.

The only other thought I have is that I can see Twin Peaks seasons 1 and 2 being somehow shown to be not entirely true. I.e. events as we saw them were somehow not as they actually played out. That would again be a very difficult approach to take. But Lynch is capable of pulling off what many could not.

Only three weeks to find out :D
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Venus wrote:
He went out of his way on multiple occasions to say that Lana won the Miss Twin Peaks contest.

Curious.
That is weird. If he said it more than once then it was unlikely a mistake.

Firefly: Yes it could get incredibly complicated but Lynch does complicated. Just like real life can be complicated. What a revelation it could all be if events as we saw them, including who Annie actually is, were not actually what we thought they were. Maybe also a number of other characters or even objects (the log?) became inhabited by other spirits. Andy would be another likely character (a good spirit) and as mentioned, Ben (post breakdown - driven to do good but really doing harm).
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

Venus wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Venus wrote:

Curious.

Firefly: Yes it could get incredibly complicated but Lynch does complicated. Just like real life can be complicated. What a revelation it could all be if events as we saw them, including who Annie actually is, were not actually what we thought they were. Maybe also a number of other characters or even objects (the log?) became inhabited by other spirits. Andy would be another likely character (a good spirit) and as mentioned, Ben (post breakdown - driven to do good but really doing harm).
Going down this mental rabbit hole, I've also started to wonder if the Caroline story is as we know it. I mean, after all, we've only heard that story from Cooper himself right? Maybe Earle repeats it I'm not sure, not an expert on these things. Anyway, the Annie/Caroline connection from Episode 29 is intriguing - how Annie wears Caroline's dress, both inside and outside the lodge, how Annie turns into Caroline when Cooper looks at her laying on the floor. The line 'I saw the man who killed me' from 'Annie' in the lodge - this could perhaps be from Caroline too (though I originally always thought it perhaps referred to Cooper killing Annie, it being his fault she was dragged into all this). At the time I assumed it was because Coop see's Caroline in Annie, and his guilt over Caroline became his fear over Annie - the fear that opened the black lodge. Probably not, but maybe something weirder is at play.

The Mark Frost quote is truly fascinating, and has got me excited for the explanation and story behind a character I had previously never thought too much of and was not anticipating for season 3 at all.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

firefly2193 wrote:
Venus wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:

Curious.

Going down this mental rabbit hole, I've also started to wonder if the Caroline story is as we know it. I mean, after all, we've only heard that story from Cooper himself right? Maybe Earle repeats it I'm not sure, not an expert on these things. Anyway, the Annie/Caroline connection from Episode 29 is intriguing - how Annie wears Caroline's dress, both inside and outside the lodge, how Annie turns into Caroline when Cooper looks at her laying on the floor. The line 'I saw the man who killed me' from 'Annie' in the lodge - this could perhaps be from Caroline too (though I originally always thought it perhaps referred to Cooper killing Annie, it being his fault she was dragged into all this). At the time I assumed it was because Coop see's Caroline in Annie, and his guilt over Caroline became his fear over Annie - the fear that opened the black lodge. Probably not, but maybe something weirder is at play.

The Mark Frost quote is truly fascinating, and has got me excited for the explanation and story behind a character I had previously never thought too much of and was not anticipating for season 3 at all.
Yes, why was Lana so insistent that she needed to win Miss Twin Peaks? She was willing to practically do anything to win. Why was it so important? Was there a spirit in Lana who saw it as their only way to access The Lodge? A spirit who had previously seen that winning the competition gained Annie access to The Lodge.

Re Caroline/Annie: Weird as I was just thinking this this morning but didn't post it. Was Annie possessed by Caroline when she returned to TP? Windom Earle killed her. Did being killed by Windom Earle enable her access to The Lodge? (As far as we know it Windom was just mad, not possessed). Or as you say was it Coop just seeing her as Annie/Caroline. Or is it much more complicated than that.

Also, as an aside, do we know how Annie got her surname of Blackburn? Indicative of Black for the which Lodge it is and burn for 'fire'? Maybe that is reaching!