What are the Owls?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mace
Roadhouse Member

Re: What are the Owls?

Post by Mace »

I like how Major Briggs delivers the "Cooper/Cooper/Cooper" message to Dale and then several episodes later (when they are night fishing) Briggs is the one who says "Cooper! Cooper!..." before he himself disappears. Was the message that Briggs conveyed from the past or from the future?
IMG_8282.JPG
IMG_8282.JPG (258.88 KiB) Viewed 5541 times
IMG_8283.JPG
IMG_8283.JPG (37.3 KiB) Viewed 5541 times
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Mace wrote:I like how Major Briggs delivers the "Cooper/Cooper/Cooper" message to Dale and then several episodes later (when they are night fishing) Briggs is the one who says "Cooper! Cooper!..." before he himself disappears. Was the message that Briggs conveyed from the past or from the future?
I really like the way you connect Major Briggs' delivery and (t)his message/cry from the future (?) In a way one could say that Briggs is the source of the message and the messenger at the same time. It reminds me of "Dick Laurent is dead."
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Mace wrote:I like how Major Briggs delivers the "Cooper/Cooper/Cooper" message to Dale and then several episodes later (when they are night fishing) Briggs is the one who says "Cooper! Cooper!..." before he himself disappears. Was the message that Briggs conveyed from the past or from the future?
WOW, what a revelation! This actually never occurred to me!
Nice example of the timeline being screwed with by whatever force. :)
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

Owls mean something evil in this novel I read when I was young - it was based on Welsh mythology:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Owl_Service
Quote: "The mythical Blodeuwedd is featured in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi. She is a woman created from flowers by the king of Gwynedd, Math, and the magician and trickster Gwydion, for a man who was cursed to take no human wife. She betrays her husband Lleu in favour of another man, Gronw, and is turned into an owl as punishment for inducing Gronw to kill Lleu. In Garner's tale three teenagers find themselves re-enacting the story. They awaken the legend by finding a set of dinner plates (a "dinner service") with an owl pattern, which gives the novel its title."

In that novel, owls are the evil aspect of Blodeuwedd, whereas flowers are her benevolent aspect.

I think owls are night predators, and an owl carries BOB back to the Black Lodge after Laura's killer dies (no spoilers!?), so they also ferry souls to the Black Lodge. Apparently all souls have to pass through the Black Lodge? So, they are like the undertakers of the spirit world, and they prey on mice part time.

The green ring has an owl symbol on it, which upside down is also an ear of corn, and l'm pretty sure you can create a Swastika by rearranging the lines too.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]