R.Hester illustrator

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

R.Hester illustrator

Post by jlyon1515 »

At the start of a video I recently saw on Bruce Bickford's Twin Peaks clay work, there is an illustration that I've never seen before. I was wondering if anyone here could help identify it. I received a "board attachment quota reached" error when trying to upload it, so here is a link instead:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213 ... -video.jpg

The illustration style seems almost identical to a North Bend/Snoqualmie map from the 1992 studio-sponsored FWWM event. That map, which I own, has the artist signature as "R.Hester".

Anyone have any info on who R. Hester is, and possibly a full version of the attached image?
G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Re: R.Hester illustrator

Post by G42.2 »

Bruce Bickford himself drew that, yeah!

Besides his stop motion work he's done lots of hand drawn animations, as well as countless illustrations and conceptual comics, all of which bear that distinct line style .
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Re: R.Hester illustrator

Post by jlyon1515 »

Thanks for the info! I guess it only makes sense that it would be by him considering it's in the video about him. I'd just never seen the image before, and it's quite nice!