Top 10 Songs From Twin Peaks

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Frayne

Re: Top 10 Songs From Twin Peaks

Post by Frayne »

TP is full of great music that has many happy memories for me... I bought the cassette when the first series was on TV. But the best bit isn't on it...

The Pink Room
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

Half Heart and Audrey's prayer has always been 2 of my favourites.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Wow, first time seeing this. Love it.
Can't recognize all the voices. Who's 2 secret diaries and 7 one armed men?
According to this (http://www.glastonberrygrove.net/texts/tp12days.html) it's Dana Ashbrook although the voice sounds different to me from the "drooling Leos" which is obviously Bobby.

Btw, here's the site I found this on in the first place: http://psychobabble200.blogspot.com/201 ... -z_25.html. Great, fun list.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

1. Moving Through Time
2. Dark Mood Woods
3. The Pink Room
4. The World Spins
5. The Voice of Love
6. Shelly
7. Questions in a World of Blue
8. Audrey's Dance
9. Deer Meadow Shuffle
10. Night Bells

HM: FWWM Theme, Half Heart, Laura Palmer's Theme, Don't Do Anything (I Wouldn't Do), Rockin' Back Inside My Heart, Falling/Twin Peaks Theme, Dance of the Dream Man, A Real Indication, The Red Room, Sycamore Trees, Hook Rug Dance, Best Friends, Into the Night
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

It's amazing just how perfectly this beautiful, mysterious music (for both series and film) gels with the overall content/visuals and sticks in the mind as being practically inseparable from them -- and, as a result, the emotional and visceral reactions generated by them. In other words, I was on a big TP kick (esp. FWWM) back in last Oct-Nov, but have moved away from it in the months since, hence my lack of activity on this forum... But, merely listening to the otherworldly ambiance of Moving Through Time right now suddenly plunged me back into that seductive, haunting, scary yet beautiful/dark world of Twin Peaks. And suddenly I have an urge to watch the first part of FWWM, perhaps, or one of my favorite episodes... The world of TP is an addictive one, for sure.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

I'd also have to add:

Packard's Theme/Packard's Vibration: This is just such an interesting piece, I love how it sounds at once foreboding and yet majestic. It so perfectly fits into the scenes it's used in, particularly the final episode of Josie, lending that hour an eerier, more charged mood.

Harold's Theme: Slept on this one somehow. It really is a beautiful tune, one of the most defining melodies of Peaks. Like the above one, it's both seductive and very dark; it's loneliness in musical form.