NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Jasper »

Jerry Horne wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Yeah, this is about to get real funky til one of the mods wakes up.
Good morning.
Not a moment too soon.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Jerry Horne wrote:Just under 16 hours until the active spoiler Parts 1 & 2 discussion thread opens.

Link:

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 883#p78883

This thread will remain open as there are many countries who will see a delay in transmission.
Thanks to Italy, seems we will all have a delay in transmission....
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Rainwater wrote:
Jonah wrote:I agree. I rarely have. But I remember doing so during the last episodes of LOST while watching live - and enjoying other people's reactions. During commercial breaks of course. Not sure if there will be commercial breaks on this.
Yeah, commercial breaks certainly ruin immersion, so might as well browse the internet if you're watching on a channel that has them. Shame about that.
I watched Mad Men with commercials exactly once. It was a completely different experience, and pretty much unbearable. I refuse to watch commercials generally, but in this case it was especially awful. If we didn't live in the age of the internet I probably wouldn't have stuck with that show, and it was a great show.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

NOW TV in the UK are readying themselves. They have it listed on their catch up as 'Twin Peaks The Return' with one of the recent photos of DKL as GC on it and when you click on it it is the old series starting with the pilot I am very glad to say.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Venus wrote:NOW TV in the UK are readying themselves. They have it listed on their catch up as 'Twin Peaks The Return' with one of the recent photos of DKL as GC on it and when you click on it it is the old series starting with the pilot I am very glad to say.
Don't see it listed on their site? I still only see the old series. By the way, have you had any problems playing episodes of the old series on NOW TV? I can seemingly only play the pilot. When I click on the others, it says "something went wrong on our end, please refresh".
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jonah wrote:
Venus wrote:NOW TV in the UK are readying themselves. They have it listed on their catch up as 'Twin Peaks The Return' with one of the recent photos of DKL as GC on it and when you click on it it is the old series starting with the pilot I am very glad to say.
Don't see it listed on their site? I still only see the old series. By the way, have you had any problems playing episodes of the old series on NOW TV? I can seemingly only play the pilot. When I click on the others, it says "something went wrong on our end, please refresh".
If you go to All TV Shows and then search for Twin Peaks it will come up as an option of 3 (2 of the options are trailers and one is now listed as The Return). I'm watching on my laptop. How are you watching it? I've got a MacBook and NOW TV doesn't like Safari. I play it (inc have been watching the old series) on Google Chrome and it seems mostly ok. Occasionally it buffers (hugely vexing) and occasionally the speech is out of sync with their mouths which is distracting but unfortunately I have to watch it on the laptop.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have the box but haven't installed it to my TV yet. So using Macbook. It plays the pilot, but when I select another episode, it always says "Whoops, something went wrong". Using Google Chrome and have Now TV player installed.
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jonah wrote:I have the box but haven't installed it to my TV yet. So using Macbook. It plays the pilot, but when I select another episode, it always says "Whoops, something went wrong". Using Google Chrome and have Now TV player installed. Am using Now Tv Ireland, though, so might be a bit gimmicky compared to UK one.
I've been ok playing other episodes. I've just tried it now, randomly selecting ep 4 and it played ok. No error like yours. Go to their help centre, click on their 'error codes and messages' article then scroll down to 'Contact us' at the bottom of the page on a green button. You'll then get an option to live chat with them or message them.

EDIT: Are you using the box on your laptop? Didn't know you could do that. Wouldn't it be simpler to just watch it by downloading their NOW TV software on to your laptop? Not sure you can do that if you've not paid to do it via their website.
Last edited by Venus on Sun May 21, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilmoore
RR Diner Member

Post by Kilmoore »

Pölkkyrouva wrote:
Jude wrote:Because I live in Finland I have to wait for monday when the new episodes are out. I'm also at work during the morning so it is going to be difficult to keep up my focus on other things than the TP premiere!!
Morjens, nice to see fellow Finnish fans around here! My story with Twin Peaks began also with 2007 re-run.
Juuh elikkäs, moro. A Finn here too.

I started with Twin Peaks when it was first re-run in 1995, when I was 15. It had on impact on me that very few things have equaled. I do a bit of writing (theater, music, whatever) and there is always this Twin Peaks -influence in my mind.

I'm in the same boat as Jude, I've got work tomorrow so it'll still be around 30 hours before I get a chance to start watching the new episodes.

And just typing "watching the new episodes" has made a bit emotional. It's not just a TV show for me, it's at the very core of my creative influences, shaping who I am as a person and how I express myself.

I have to thank everyone on this thread for helping me purge myself of unnecessary expectations. I think I'm ready to face the new episodes as they are now.
GGMerlinNL

Post by GGMerlinNL »

Anyone know which country will be the first to air twin peaks?
And is the countdown on this site accurate?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

GGMerlinNL wrote:Anyone know which country will be the first to air twin peaks?
And is the countdown on this site accurate?
I think the countdown is not correct for non US citizens. I think it adjusts to when 9 PM would be in your country. So for me it currently says 8hrs + 48 minutes. But it will be longer than that before it actually airs stateside.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

There is leaked stuff on instagram. Be very careful!!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Venus wrote:
Jonah wrote:I have the box but haven't installed it to my TV yet. So using Macbook. It plays the pilot, but when I select another episode, it always says "Whoops, something went wrong". Using Google Chrome and have Now TV player installed.
I've been ok playing other episodes. I've just tried it now, randomly selecting ep 4 and it played ok. No error like yours. Go to their help centre, click on their 'error codes and messages' article then scroll down to 'Contact us' at the bottom of the page on a green button. You'll then get an option to live chat with them or message them.

EDIT: Are you using the box on your laptop? Didn't know you could do that. Wouldn't it be simpler to just watch it by downloading their NOW TV software on to your laptop? Not sure you can do that if you've not paid to do it via their website.
Using the website and the app is where I had the problem. I've installed the box to the TV now - old episodes playing fine, no sign of new series in any respect.
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drammatubero

Post by Drammatubero »

I'm still excited, as I said I'm not going to spoil anything. I'm looking forward to talk about it tomorrow. Anyway, if someone wants to ask me something in private i'm available to answer you... but do specific questions (i've got no time or english skills to make a decent review) but my piece of advice is: just don't ask me anything, the premiere is close!
Last edited by Drammatubero on Sun May 21, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jonah wrote:
Venus wrote:
Jonah wrote:I have the box but haven't installed it to my TV yet. So using Macbook. It plays the pilot, but when I select another episode, it always says "Whoops, something went wrong". Using Google Chrome and have Now TV player installed. Am using Now Tv Ireland, though, so might be a bit gimmicky compared to UK one.

Using the website and the app is where I had the problem. I've installed the box to the TV now - old episodes playing fine, no sign of new series in any respect.
Great news it is playing ok!

How on earth is there leaked stuff on Instagram? Good grief. Is it from Sky Italy? (who'll no doubt get a massive rap on the knuckles from the powers that be).