NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by ForKeeps »

Touche!
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

The Festival of Disruption's final music event is The Music of Twin Peaks, and the final talk is by Kyle Maclachlan and Laura Dern (admittedly only following Blue Velvet Revisited). The only other event closing the show is The Photography of Chris Stein, but I imagine that it will just be a walk-in exhibition. I think, or hope, it's no coincidence that Twin Peaks is primarily saved until last (Maclachlan and Dern are bound to broach the topic of Twin Peaks). I just hope the fact that another official teaser has just been released at this time wasn't a tactic on Lynch's part to allow him to refrain from revealing anything else at the Festival.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

The latest teaser was released clearly because they started scoring during the last week.

The only reason we could expect anything from the festival is the fact that Showtime is sponsoring it. I think the chances are slim, though.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

does them sccoring the material mean that cutting is pretty much done yet????????
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

dronerstone wrote:does them sccoring the material mean that cutting is pretty much done yet????????
Dunham mentioned celebrating finishing up with the editing a couple of weeks ago: https://soundcloud.com/the-brad-dukes-s ... 316-420-pm

Regardless, I don't see any reason whatsoever to assume Badalamenti had not started anything until last week. He's known about Season 3's plans since around September of 2012: http://spiritandfleshmag.com/interviews ... dalamenti/
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

OK,Bob wrote:
dronerstone wrote:does them sccoring the material mean that cutting is pretty much done yet????????
Dunham mentioned celebrating finishing up with the editing a couple of weeks ago: https://soundcloud.com/the-brad-dukes-s ... 316-420-pm

Regardless, I don't see any reason whatsoever to assume Badalamenti had not started anything until last week. He's known about Season 3's plans since around September of 2012: http://spiritandfleshmag.com/interviews ... dalamenti/

Badalamenti has been working on the third season for quite some time. who has left his teaser now, does not mean that he have started your job now. it began long ago.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Realistically, we have no way of knowing how long Badalamenti has been working on S3 music. Or when he started composing or recording. As far as I know, he's only said he was told about TP coming back years ago.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I feel confident he's been working on it for years.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

I remember a video of a Skype video-conference in a university or something in which Lynch told the students he was gonna work with Angelo in some Twin Peaks stuff right after finishing the Q&A.

The video is from months ago.

Plus, Lynch likes to shoot with the music in his head. Sometimes he even play it loud. Of course, that doesn't mean they have the soundtrack since the beggining of the process; but we know how these guys use to do their magic, it's all a work in progress.

Maybe now they are recording the final version of the music, but I'm sure Lynch edits with some kind of demos. He doesn't do temp music, man.

Sound is REALLY important for him.
Last edited by Hopper on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

In terms of unfounded speculation, I would honestly be surprised if there isn't some cross-promotional bump that coincides with the release of Frost's book in a few weeks. At least that's what I'm trying to find a way to rationalize :lol:
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:The Festival of Disruption's final music event is The Music of Twin Peaks, and the final talk is by Kyle Maclachlan and Laura Dern (admittedly only following Blue Velvet Revisited). The only other event closing the show is The Photography of Chris Stein, but I imagine that it will just be a walk-in exhibition. I think, or hope, it's no coincidence that Twin Peaks is primarily saved until last (Maclachlan and Dern are bound to broach the topic of Twin Peaks). I just hope the fact that another official teaser has just been released at this time wasn't a tactic on Lynch's part to allow him to refrain from revealing anything else at the Festival.
FWIW Sky Ferreira alluded on social media that "I will be bringing Twin Peaks to life & we have a special surprise," but that "special surprise" could really be anything, of course. (My fantasy is that it's some sort of tease for S3, but I'm probably dreaming.)

Here's the link to her Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMMqq9BTAV/
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Stolpe

Post by Stolpe »

Don't forget that the festival is sponsored by Showtime. Why would they become a sponsor if not to promote the show?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I feel something will happen during the festival. Maybe I'm way off, it's just a hunch. If something does happen, I hope it's not festival exclusive, though.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I'm actually really hyped. Sky Ferreira's post on Instagram is indeed interesting. The festival does seem a more personal venture for Lynch, so Showtime involvement does add different connotations. Not to mention it's ideal timing in regards to the novel's release; keep the marketing train rolling.

I just hope we don't get (if we actually get any tidbits) another John Malkovich style thing. Then again, Ferreira would reasonably only be hyped for something, in this case, that she was involved in, and she is in the cast.

I think we all have good reason to be anticipating the next few days.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I just saw some of the new merch from the Festival and I concur. Okay, you reprobates, who I gotta fuck for this t-shirt?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.