NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Gabriel »

mlsstwrt wrote:This last 19 days is going to be tense. Is anyone driving a little more carefully than usual? Looking a few more times each way when you cross the road? Want to lock myself up in a safe room wrapped up in cotton wool until I've at least seen the first episodes, lol.
The biggest pain in the behind is that I'm in the process of moving home and I've been helping a friend set up a new business, which has kept me out of town for three days a week while I'm working my way through a rewatch of Twin Peaks. I've hit episode 24, but I have to get through the remaining episodes, FWWM, The Missing Pieces, and The Secret History of Twin Peaks by May 22. I don't want to interrupt the novel I'm reading, but since it's a 1,000-plus page Alexandre Dumas epic which I'm 500 pages through, I might have to do so. I've already had to scrap my reread of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer and My Life, My Tapes and my ISP haven't confirmed whether my superspeed broadband will be running at my new place in time for the first episode, meaning I'll likely be banging on a friend's door at 2am UK time! ;)
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

If the series itself turns out to have political points -- doubtful, unless it is heavily abstracted, imo -- would talking politics then be acceptable? I'm not sure I agree with the consensus that politics are best discussed elsewhere, because politics are not mutually exclusive to anything, and art can facilitate discussing politics in different contexts -- there is, for instance, environmentalist bents in the original series, and I've seen the core plot of the show put into political theory as being a statement on the hypocrisy of the ideal of the nuclear family. I think there is, for sure, a line that blurs at some point when we begin to analyze Twin Peaks that includes politics in the same sentence. I mean, our main boy Cooper is in the FBI for pete's sake -- and conspiracies of a corrupt vein of the government informed SHOTP.

Plus, when Mark Frost is not linking to announcements of new POP merchandise, his Twitter is almost exclusively politically oriented -- his avatar is even FDR.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Please do not discuss politics on this forum. Thank you.

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2159
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Various dreams about the new season just last night.

Bob and a small man (new LMFAP) in the lodge,
Thunderstorm and heavy rain in the woods.
A new dead girl mystery, not Sheryl this time though.
Good Dale investigating.
Dark and mysterious music by Angelo.

It had a totally different feeling from what I expected...
Still liked it a lot.

PS: Bob was indeed a recast, but REALLY REALLY frightening.
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

as the premiere draws closer and my excitement reaches pathological levels, my friends and loved ones have increasingly been voicing concerns that i may go off the deep end if the show "isnt good." is this happening to anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

beano wrote:as the premiere draws closer and my excitement reaches pathological levels, my friends and loved ones have increasingly been voicing concerns that i may go off the deep end if the show "isnt good." is this happening to anyone else?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.17.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.17.18 AM.png (127.4 KiB) Viewed 8935 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

beano wrote:as the premiere draws closer and my excitement reaches pathological levels, my friends and loved ones have increasingly been voicing concerns that i may go off the deep end if the show "isnt good." is this happening to anyone else?

My father said the equivalent to me this weekend. That if Lynch doesn't pull this off that I will be impossible to be around.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

LateReg wrote:

My father said the equivalent to me this weekend. That if Lynch doesn't pull this off that I will be impossible to be around.
I am not worried about that anymore- after the dream I had last night about Season 3 being about the investigation a wrecked Twin Peaks police cruiser, my subconscious exorcised that fear from me. ANYTHING Lynch and Frost comes up with will be more exciting than my dream.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
beano
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by beano »

mtwentz wrote:
LateReg wrote:

I am not worried about that anymore- after the dream I had last night about Season 3 being about the investigation a wrecked Twin Peaks police cruiser, my subconscious exorcised that fear from me. ANYTHING Lynch and Frost comes up with will be more exciting than my dream.
ive never been worried about it. but it seems everybody else in my life is genuinely concerned for me..

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Same Here!!!
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Seems that no one is concerned about me in this respect ;-) I was, myself, for some time. For now I am putting all my trust in Lynch. Other than that, I would have a bad feeling about this as I don't believe in come backs like that in general. Lynch has never disappointed me yet, though. I keep an open mind and I'm very vry curious what it's going to be like!

Rudagger wrote:Someone should just put a sticky up so we don't see a post about this every fifteen minutes.
As you like it. But I have only recently come back here, can't read through all 300 pages of the thread - I've read the last 15 or so - and what I read is NOT clear. And I really don't understand why because the key question is clear indeed:
is Twin Peaks scheduled to run every single week between May 21 and September 3
or is there going to be a week break
or doesn't anybody really know it?
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

BOB1 wrote:Seems that no one is concerned about me in this respect ;-) I was, myself, for some time. For now I am putting all my trust in Lynch. Other than that, I would have a bad feeling about this as I don't believe in come backs like that in general. Lynch has never disappointed me yet, though. I keep an open mind and I'm very vry curious what it's going to be like!

Rudagger wrote:Someone should just put a sticky up so we don't see a post about this every fifteen minutes.
As you like it. But I have only recently come back here, can't read through all 300 pages of the thread - I've read the last 15 or so - and what I read is NOT clear. And I really don't understand why because the key question is clear indeed:
is Twin Peaks scheduled to run every single week between May 21 and September 3
or is there going to be a week break
or doesn't anybody really know it?
Here's what we know:
- the new show has 18 parts
- each part is around an hour long
- the first and second parts air on May 21st
- the third and fourth parts air on May 28th
- the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth parts air one per week in June
- the seventeeth and eighteenth parts air together on September 3rd

This would seem to indicate that there's going to be a week break sometime in July or August, but we don't know when.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

It's surprising they are going to air it over the summer when viewing figures are always much lower, I suspect even with catch up. People go away on holiday and spend more time outside than in. Though I understand they want to tie it in with Cannes.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Venus wrote:It's surprising they are going to air it over the summer when viewing figures are always much lower, I suspect even with catch up. People go away on holiday and spend more time outside than in. Though I understand they want to tie it in with Cannes.
I don't think that's really a concern anymore. Plenty of high-profile cable shows air over the summer, including the last few [highest-rated] Breaking Bad seasons and, this year, Game of Thrones, just as two for-instances. If anything, it sometimes feels to me some years like there is MORE competition in high-profile cable drama in the summer than any other time of the year.