NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mordeen »

Pretty sure it's an old CCTV camera with a viewfinder bolted to it. A prop.

-Mordeen

EDIT: LOL, looking closer it's not even a viewfinder bolted to it. He's looking into the wall mount bracket. Nice.
Moving Through Time. . .
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

[quote="Rami Airola"]Thursdays didn't manage to help the last stretch of Season 2 either, but maybe that's just it simply being too late to recover from the damage already done.[quote]
It was up against the final season of Cheers, which was getting big ratings.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Mordeen wrote:Pretty sure it's an old CCTV camera with a viewfinder bolted to it. A prop.

-Mordeen

EDIT: LOL, looking closer it's not even a viewfinder bolted to it. He's looking into the wall mount bracket. Nice.
Wow I didn't even notice lol
Looks like I got a DIY project on my hands...
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Today has been quiet compared to yesterday.

Maybe another teaser trailer tomorrow instead?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

mtwentz wrote:Today has been quiet compared to yesterday.

Didn't the last one come out at 4 eastern time? Still a chance for one today MAYBE. But my thirst is talking so...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Ross wrote:
Rami Airola wrote:Thursdays didn't manage to help the last stretch of Season 2 either, but maybe that's just it simply being too late to recover from the damage already done.
It was up against the final season of Cheers, which was getting big ratings.

It wasn't the final season but nonetheless - from 1984 through 2000 you did not go up against NBC Thursday.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
derOlli.

Post by derOlli. »

Concerning the declining ratings and the question on which days of the week Twin Peaks has originally been broadcast:
When I first heard the actors & crew complaining how ABC treated Twin Peaks really badly during the second season and that it had been tossed around, I was very skeptical how truthful this explanation was. Then, when I looked into the broadcasting dates, I had to agree with those complaining. For me it wasn't so much about which day of the week Twin Peaks was on, but also that it took multiple breaks.

Season 1 had been broadcast regularly on a weekly basis. (exception is the Pilot that was broadcast on Sunday before "Episode 1" aired the following Thursday night)

Season 2: There is a break between #15 and #16 (half a month);
between #18 and #19 (about a month);
between #20 and #21 (more than half a month);
between #23 and #24 (more than a month)
and between #27 and #28+#29 (two month).

This had me shocked. It's not like they were just changing the day they send it, but they also did so by taking breaks all the time, that seem really odd. This must have had an impact on the ratings for sure!

On Topic: I'm excited for the new season, I'm excited that it will be on regularly and Sunday better hurry up! ;)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
mtwentz wrote:Today has been quiet compared to yesterday.

Didn't the last one come out at 4 eastern time? Still a chance for one today MAYBE. But my thirst is talking so...
My spidey sense is telling me the last trailer does not come until tomorrow...if at all...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

derOlli. wrote:Concerning the declining ratings and the question on which days of the week Twin Peaks has originally been broadcast:
When I first heard the actors & crew complaining how ABC treated Twin Peaks really badly during the second season and that it had been tossed around, I was very skeptical how truthful this explanation was. Then, when I looked into the broadcasting dates, I had to agree with those complaining. For me it wasn't so much about which day of the week Twin Peaks was on, but also that it took multiple breaks.

Season 1 had been broadcast regularly on a weekly basis. (exception is the Pilot that was broadcast on Sunday before "Episode 1" aired the following Thursday night)

This had me shocked. It's not like they were just changing the day they send it, but they also did so by taking breaks all the time, that seem really odd. This must have had an impact on the ratings for sure!

On Topic: I'm excited for the new season, I'm excited that it will be on regularly and Sunday better hurry up! ;)
The day of the week did really matter though. I was a big fan but missed a good half the episodes that were on Saturday night: I depended on other people to tape them for me. When you are in your 20s, your hormones are on at full blast, it's very hard to give up Saturday night to watch any show, no matter how beloved.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Some of DKL's responses in print interviews lately have struck me as a tad tired / burned out (although maybe that's just because he hates giving interviews, as the GQ interviewer observed). This series was an unthinkable amount of work for anyone, let alone a man of his age (albeit a remarkably energetic one). I sincerely doubt that he's thinking about doing work on another season at the moment. Not that that rules out the possibility down the line, but I think people who suspect the ball is already rolling are being unrealistic.
I find it somewhat hard to believe, especially given how ridiculously hands-on Lynch is as an artist in his films and in Peaks (and I cannot see him giving up directorial slots if there is a fourth season).

I'd honestly prefer S3 to be the last we ever get of TP, though.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I really don't get all this complaining regarding the Saturday evening/night time slot, never did, never will. Maybe that's because Saturday night was always a deluxe time to crash in front of the tube and watch the evening away in my house. It couldn't get more "TV-appropriate" than Saturday night (with Friday night being a strong competition). And that's the habit I've kept till this day. Oh well, I never was much of a going-out-and-party person, so choosing between staying at home in the company of a good flick/series and going on the town was/is always a no-brainer for me, no matter the life period.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

derOlli. wrote:Concerning the declining ratings and the question on which days of the week Twin Peaks has originally been broadcast:

Except for its Saturday placement - it's schedule really was no different than any other show at the time - with the possible exception of not showing reruns. The first season ran through because it was a mid season replacement and short. But for the 20-24 episode (which was the standard) was running at the usual pace until it got yanked in March. Ten episodes was the norm between Sept and Christmas. Dec and Jan being dead zones for all shows -with one of two new ones playing -and then bringing in the big storylines for November or Febuary Sweeps. And truthfully the Gulf War really did not affect it - maybe it interrupted the beginning of an episode; it always seemed more like revisionist history, as well as the reveal of Laura's killer being the reason.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Audrey Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Rami Airola wrote:Thursdays didn't manage to help the last stretch of Season 2 either, but maybe that's just it simply being too late to recover from the damage already done.

It wasn't the final season but nonetheless - from 1984 through 2000 you did not go up against NBC Thursday.
You're right. I was thinking it was the final season.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
brett

Post by brett »

Interesting! Probably music or a cameo? That's cool. It's neat how David Lynch seemingly pulls all of his friends into his projects.