NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by FrightNight »

Yup, TP definitely deserves a spectacular ending, but the time for that most definitely isn't now. Given that it's been (unjustly) off the air for 25 years, I feel like there wouldn't be anything wrong if this time it stays on it for 25 :) O.k., that may be stretchin' it a bit, but, truly, a few seasons worth of MORE would go down fine and dandy as far as I'm concerned. Not a thing in the world wrong with it (well, as long as it still qualifies as TP and not some Lynch-induced piece of TM or whatnot).
Also, I'm SO with Jerry Horne - I need to get my Ontkean-as-Harry fix, and bad!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think after 25 years we deserve to be a little greedy! Besides, I'm already hypothesizing season cliffhangers and finding Harry would be amazing.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:...if it wasn't feasible in 2015, why would it be 3+ years later?
Circumstances and situations change. Sometimes people just change their mind. Only a few people know what's going on and they're not talking.
Again, This 100%
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:I think after 25 years we deserve to be a little greedy! Besides, I'm already hypothesizing season cliffhangers and finding Harry would be amazing.
Agreed. And of course we have no idea how S3 ends. Kyle just said in an interview that even HE doesn't know how S3 ends. (Which seems crazy!)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I think after 25 years we deserve to be a little greedy! Besides, I'm already hypothesizing season cliffhangers and finding Harry would be amazing.
Agreed. And of course we have no idea how S3 ends. Kyle just said in an interview that even HE doesn't know how S3 ends. (Which seems crazy!)
I'll just add season 4 since it seems possible it will be split up. Assuming it will be a traditional release pattern.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Ross wrote:
That was definitely interesting. It's possible that he is actually part of the ending, he just doesn't know how everything is going to be put together by Lynch.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:...if it wasn't feasible in 2015, why would it be 3+ years later?
Circumstances and situations change. Sometimes people just change their mind. Only a few people know what's going on and they're not talking.
Again, This 100%
Here's hoping we all get all the Harry we deserve one way or another - and by 'we' I'm including Coop.
For now, I hope the full context of the book will help us make more educated guesses as to where this thing is going in the immediate future of the show... (for example "oh, looks like they're trying to shove the whole business under the rug" or "this is almost certainly setting up a plot for the show")
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I'm standing by my original point. Too much of a good thing.... What more could they say? I cannot see Twin Peaks' central story-the Laura Palmer murder, being dragged on for another 4 seasons. We have ALREADY had two, and a film.

My personal feelings is this should be kept contained and bittersweet, but cause massive ripples. Not a gorging, bloated creation.
cowwithfivelegs
Roadhouse Member

Post by cowwithfivelegs »

Last edited by cowwithfivelegs on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I get that the new Twin Peaks will have to revolve around Laura Palmer too, and I'm happy about that. I feel that Season 3, and possibly 4, will be fine to cover that. But I personally don't want any more. It's just my response to those who, however jokingly, say they want seasons beyond next years. I'm just the one who doesn't! :)
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:I get that the new Twin Peaks will have to revolve around Laura Palmer too, and I'm happy about that. I feel that Season 3, and possibly 4, will be fine to cover that. But I personally don't want any more. It's just my response to those who, however jokingly, say they want seasons beyond next years. I'm just the one who doesn't! :)
No but same, from the bottom of my heart and for all the reasons you list and then some ("no Log Lady" comes to mind). It's just that "We need to wrap up Harry's storyline" is pretty much the only argument that could make me drop all my standards and pretenses and whatnot. :oops:
cowwithfivelegs wrote: As originally intended, all of Twin Peaks revolves around the death of Laura Palmer. Season 3 included.
(appreciative low whistle)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Post by FrightNight »

Are you sure you even want Season 3 (and 4)? I mean, since it apparently is dealing with Laura Palmer's death 'n' all- and we already had two seasons' and a movie's worth of that. Just sayin'...
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Do I want seasons 3 (and 4)? Without a doubt. I feel as passionately about Twin Peaks as i'm sure all of you do. I suppose i'm just hoping that Harry's story will be concluded in these new episodes. If it is, THEN i won't want more. But if they do leave out the elements important to me, and promise more, them i'm all for it. I just don't want more for the sake of it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

NYC Comic Con:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 2.47.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 2.47.10 PM.png (585.74 KiB) Viewed 9490 times
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Oh, my God.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.