NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

indyit
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by indyit »

ForKeeps wrote:Not true if you count the Vedder song.
I don't count that as new TP music. For me it's either Lynch and/or Badalamenti.
Snailhead wrote:Using an actor's name in place of a character's name is very David Lynch, that made me smile. That is, I'm assuming it's his handwriting.
unnamed Lodge Spirit? And agreed, it's very Lynch.
Agent Earle wrote:
indyit wrote:Considering all of Earle was sans Lynch (and Frost from the sounds of it, until nearer the end) I think we have little to worry about. Having said that, i think bad coop could still have some slapstick moments. When Frost was asked what was the funniest moment for him in the show he picked out Andy with the floorboard iirc.
Like Earle was the funniest/goofiest thing in the show. Come on. I'd rather have Earle than tons of useless Andy-Lucy, Ben the Civil War General and Nadine the Superwoman stuff...
But what you're saying sounds like the writing crew practically forced Earle down Lynch's and Frost's throats. Some day, I'd love to hear an official, Lynch-Frost-confirmed genesis of the character...
I agree with you there to a point. I didn't mind Andy-Lucy. I love the characters, but agree their storyline dragged at times. Ben's Civil War storyline too, dragged too much. But generally speaking if we get something similar to Earle, I don't think I'd hate it. I think it'd possibly be a mis-step, but there are worse mistakes to repeat.
From what I understand Windom Earle was an early creation/idea by Frost to be a Moriarity like character (to Cooper's Holmes). I think Frost was keen to introduce him to begin with and probably had an active role in creating him. I think in a podcast I heard Harley Peyton explain this a bit further including explaining the origin of his name. I think by the time the character entered the show neither Lynch nor Frost were really watching/overseeing the show.
Panapaok wrote:Potemkine deleted the pic, so it was obviously not supposed to be seen online...
Considering what we've "seen" so far sans the pic, I can see why it was removed. It was definitely a tier above everything else, albeit an obscured, vague and small piece of info.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Panapaok wrote:Potemkine deleted the pic, so it was obviously not supposed to be seen online...
Yes they were told to take it down. It went back up for a brief period of time, and then vanished again.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mordeen wrote:
Yes they were told to take it down. It went back up for a brief period of time, and then vanished again.

-Mordeen
I'll be a little conspiratorial...

It's kind of like the fair maiden that 'accidentally' drops her handkerchief so the gentleman can pick it up and return it to her.

Perhaps these 'leaked' tidbits are all part of Lynch's grand seduction of his audience.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtwentz wrote:
Mordeen wrote:

-Mordeen

It's kind of like the fair maiden that 'accidentally' drops her handkerchief so the gentleman can pick it up and return it to her.

Perhaps these 'leaked' tidbits are all part of Lynch's grand seduction of his audience.
I agree in spirit. There's no way he would have let them put a camera on his notes if he didn't want it out there. He's no fool.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Mordeen wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Mordeen wrote: Yes they were told to take it down. It went back up for a brief period of time, and then vanished again.

-Mordeen

I agree in spirit. There's no way he would have let them put a camera on his notes if he didn't want it out there. He's no fool.

-Mordeen
I agree totally. This feels intentional, maybe some sort of a publicity stunt.
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Really? I bet a bunch people would've been able to sneak up and make a likewise shot of Lynch's notes during all that time shooting, would they have had the intentions of doing so.

Lynch doesn't seem the type who would be constantly guarding his notebook, rather that he'd just trust the people around him. They've all signed NDAs haven't they? Same goes for crew. And besides this leak, no one seems to have publicly broken theirs. I really can't imagine him being super suspicious all the time when this documentary crew is around, nor do I see him purposefully releasing a part of the script then making it seem like an accident.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

Soolsma wrote:Really? I bet a bunch people would've been able to sneak up and make a likewise shot of Lynch's notes during all that time shooting, would they have had the intentions of doing so.

Lynch doesn't seem the type who would be constantly guarding his notebook, rather that he'd just trust the people around him. They've all signed NDAs haven't they? Same goes for crew. And besides this leak, no one seems to have publicly broken theirs. I really can't imagine him being super suspicious all the time when this documentary crew is around, nor do I see him purposefully releasing a part of the script then making it seem like an accident.
Yeah, I agree with this. I really don't see why they would even orchestrate something like that in this fashion.
The cow jumped over the moon.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Major Briggs wrote:Not sure if it's spoilery but does anyone know if there's a list of some of the locations they used for S3?
I have the same question, especially as far as LA locations are concerned. If anyone has any info, please PM me!
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

Pöllö wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Really? I bet a bunch people would've been able to sneak up and make a likewise shot of Lynch's notes during all that time shooting, would they have had the intentions of doing so.

Yeah, I agree with this. I really don't see why they would even orchestrate something like that in this fashion.
On top of everything else, it's just too lame to be a publicity stunt. The man who spent several hours sitting on Hollywood Boulevard with a cow can come up with something better than a screenshot of some script notes posted to a Twitter account with 6000 followers.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

If it's a shot from David Lynch: The Art Life, I'm definitely curious about how much the new Peaks features in the doc. I can't image there's much, but either way, I can't wait to see it. If anyone else is going to SXSW, it's playing there, along with Lucky, the movie Lynch appears in with Harry Dean Stanton. There's also a Showtime House at the fest, which is rumored to have some sort of Twin Peaks experience. (My guess: Red Room photo booth.)
mine
Roadhouse Member

Post by mine »

adl345 wrote:
Pöllö wrote:

On top of everything else, it's just too lame to be a publicity stunt. The man who spent several hours sitting on Hollywood Boulevard with a cow can come up with something better than a screenshot of some script notes posted to a Twitter account with 6000 followers.
On the other hand the super secret script of the new season just conveniently being left there for the cameras to get a shot off is also a bit odd.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

underthefan wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:Not sure if it's spoilery but does anyone know if there's a list of some of the locations they used for S3?
I have the same question, especially as far as LA locations are concerned. If anyone has any info, please PM me!
Thirded, gimme those deets
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I might be late to realizing this and I might be wrong. But with the Twin Peaks sign population 51,201. Does the number 1 represent Laura?
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
euclid
Roadhouse Member

Post by euclid »

The Jumping Man wrote:If it's a shot from David Lynch: The Art Life, I'm definitely curious about how much the new Peaks features in the doc. I can't image there's much, but either way, I can't wait to see it. If anyone else is going to SXSW, it's playing there, along with Lucky, the movie Lynch appears in with Harry Dean Stanton. There's also a Showtime House at the fest, which is rumored to have some sort of Twin Peaks experience. (My guess: Red Room photo booth.)
I actually got a chance to see The Art Life last year in London, the film doesn't address anything related to Twin Peaks as it's focused on Lynch's childhood and early passion for painting. However, everyone should seek it out because it's really fascinating - I won't spoil anything else.

The director of the film was there taking questions and after someone mentioned new TP, he recalled noticing the word "Cooper" on Lynch's computer monitor during filming (He was unaware the show was coming back until they were editing the film), but was adamant he didn't want to read anything they may have incidentally recorded, as he was really excited to watch the new show.

I remember seeing the shot of the notepad and wondering what was on it...
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

TwinsPeak wrote:I might be late to realizing this and I might be wrong. But with the Twin Peaks sign population 51,201. Does the number 1 represent Laura?
No, it represents ABC. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/tri ... =tr0794594