NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Rhodes »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote:Wow- that guy from Vulture saying people will be "enraged" by it.
"Enraged" as in "it's like FWWM and Inland Empire I HATE IT!" enraged I hope. That's what I think and I'm doubly excited.
Hear hear. This makes me so much more excited for The Return!
Darkmood

Post by Darkmood »

Pölkkyrouva wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Can someone please post a screenshot of the twitter posts?
I posted one on the previous page.

Btw isn't it that fantastic that our "mystery lady" aka Kathleen Deming is posing like this on the red carpet? :D I'm beginning to be a fan of hers.

http://www.gettyimages.fi/license/685587258

LMAO!! Love. It.
^◊^
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Pölkkyrouva wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Can someone please post a screenshot of the twitter posts?
I posted one on the previous page.

Btw isn't it that fantastic that our "mystery lady" aka Kathleen Deming is posing like this on the red carpet? :D I'm beginning to be a fan of hers.

http://www.gettyimages.fi/license/685587258
Not to mention what look like work boots with her dress... :lol:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Confirmation that the first two parts were seamlessly edited together.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Confirmation that the first two parts were seamlessly edited together.
Aweseome! Any idea what they did with the opening credits?
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Jerry Horne wrote:Confirmation that the first two parts were seamlessly edited together.
Great news, I love that they're keeping the tradition. I don't even know why it was THAT important to me, when all four are released at once anyway, but it was.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Aweseome! Any idea what they did with the opening credits?
I didn't ask anything about content. I just wanted to know how it was put together for our discussion section on Sunday. I'm assuming what was shown there will air on Showtime.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'm in an ongoing cold war with the Showtime Anytime app's live streaming. Its quality varies between HQ to shit depending on the breeze. If it doesn't straighten up and fly right come Sunday, no one is safe.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Pölkkyrouva wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Price Peterson(?) from Vulture is saying it is "difficult" (with heart eyes emoji) and people will be so mad about it, but seems very enthused. I think?
This is everything I wanted to hear. I want it to be challenging and I want to feel out of my comfort zone watching it. He also tweeted that "2017 is saved" which is a great sign!
Doesn't sound like Return to Mayberry. :lol: If this proves accurate, it could mean a number of things for the first two episodes:

• (Seemingly) incoherent story, perhaps with multiple mixed up timelines
• Mostly or completely outside of Twin Peaks (like the beginning of FWWM)
• Little-to-no Cooper, or really unlikable evil Cooper unrelentingly doing bad things
• Heavy focus on unfamiliar characters
• Cold, dark tone with little to no comedy and few familiar tropes (coffee, donuts, trees, etc.)

This is going to be wild. Just think of how much your head will be spinning with all of this stuff by the time you’re trying to go to sleep after watching 2-4 episodes. What kind of vibe will you be carrying with you? Possibly not a warm, fuzzy vibe. Nightmare vibe? Utter confusion? Who knows!

I doubt I’ll be among the enraged, but I’m certainly open to the possibility that I’ll be challenged in one way or another, and perhaps disoriented, freaked out, and on edge.

Pure heroin David Lynch, 2017. I think I’m ready. :shock: We’ll find out.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Guys... "enraged"...!? I don't expect and don't want any spoiler (and in the end I love DL & MF for this secrecy.. I think that's a great service they're doing us ;) ), after the premiere in LA, but I secretly hoped to get some wildly enthusiastic spoiler-free feedback that would put to rest my hidden fears about the new TP. Seems like I'll have to wait these few more hours and judge myself ;)
ps: I've been struggling to decide if waking up at 3AM to watch premiere in real-time or resist til monday evening (european time). Any other euro-area fellows here..? what will you do? I'd have no doubt about fri/sat night, but monday's a work day :(
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I personally am expecting patience/endurance tests on par with Senor Droolcup and the bank teller scene very early.

And I'm all for it.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Rain

Post by Rain »

My body is ready.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Difficult? I wonder if that's why they made 3 and 4 available following the premiere. Must be an outrageous cliffhanger or that the premiere sets up a ton of characters and really delays getting into the stuff with Cooper. Or handles his stuff very slowly or something. Regardless we will all find out very soon!

Andrea - I'm in the UK and I'll be watching it live. Think there's something eerie and cool collectively watching the show live at the same time worldwide where that's the first time so many are watching it. But I've got Monday off. I can see people doing early starts to their Monday by sleeping early and getting up etc. Work in the mornings gonna be ruined though by all the buzz! Or not, I know I wouldn't get anything done!
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Andrea wrote:ps: I've been struggling to decide if waking up at 3AM to watch premiere in real-time or resist til monday evening (european time). Any other euro-area fellows here..? what will you do? I'd have no doubt about fri/sat night, but monday's a work day :(
I'd probably do it if I were you. Unfortunately, I'm further east and it would be starting at 7am where I live. Even if there was a readily accessible legal option for me(I don't think there is), that's a no-go. I'll have to wait until the following night.
I'll see you in the trees
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

chalfont wrote:
chalfont wrote:
Rainwater wrote: I'd probably do it if I were you. Unfortunately, I'm further east and it would be starting at 7am where I live. Even if there was a readily accessible legal option for me(I don't think there is), that's a no-go. I'll have to wait until the following night.
Watching live 3 a.m. No discussion.