NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

underthefan wrote:I was just re-reading John Thorne's book, and found a quote in which Lynch called season 2 "goofy," which according to him is "not good," so clearly he always had a low opinion of season 2. But I tend to think he is really referring to post-Ep. 16 stretch of season 2, rather than the whole of it.
He also says in Between Two Worlds that season 2 "dropped off maybe a little bit...maybe a little bit more than a little bit."
Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Venus »

Panapaok wrote:
Ross wrote:I had been clinging to faint hope that Heather Graham might show up. But after hearing Lynch dismiss all of season 2, I doubt they'll be revisiting anything done in that era of the show. Except for the cliffhanger. But then again, know knows. Annie did show up in FWWM. And Lynch did say a while back that her message to Laura WOULD have been important back then. We shall see.
They have brought back Denise Bryson, though.
With all the speculation that some cast members may not be on the list, it would be a shocker if they somehow brought back Pamela Gidley. Teresa Banks was so pivotal to FWWM and David Lynch has said how important the film is to the show. Though I can't see why they wouldn't name her in the published cast list if so.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Don't know if it's been posted, but Netflix just announced they're streaming it the episodes each week here in Brazil!!
Don't know about the rest of south america though.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Not sure if anyone posted this before:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-secrets.html
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

Bloodflood wrote:Don't know if it's been posted, but Netflix just announced they're streaming it the episodes each week here in Brazil!!
Don't know about the rest of south america though.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I live in Argentina... i checked today, an hour ago or so, but nothing...
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Rainwater wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Huh?
NDA.
Yeah, but I had no idea it lasts that long.
It's pretty surprising, until now everyone thought it would only last till the show completed its run. I feel they're giving the world 5 years to see and talk about it itself before anybody involved in production gets in on the conversation.
misterroundheels

Post by misterroundheels »

Did anyone else notice that in the interview with the art director, she specified "chevron black and white floors"
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
underthefan wrote:I was just re-reading John Thorne's book, and found a quote in which Lynch called season 2 "goofy," which according to him is "not good," so clearly he always had a low opinion of season 2. But I tend to think he is really referring to post-Ep. 16 stretch of season 2, rather than the whole of it.
He also says in Between Two Worlds that season 2 "dropped off maybe a little bit...maybe a little bit more than a little bit."
That's a quote I think is uncontroversial.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Scant hours from the L.A. Premier. Working on finding out of attendees are being forced to sign any type of NDA. May not hear back until tomorrow, and by that time, if spoilers have leaked, I guess we'll know.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Not to get too mushy, but before I take a brief hiatus from the board, I'd just like to say thank you to all of the dugpa posts and moderators - you guys have made this wait bearable. In fact, it if wasn't for all of you, I'd already be in a psychiatric institution, prison, and/or had several heart attacks by now (and that is only a slight exaggeration). I am constantly impressed at what a smart, resourceful, and creative bunch you all are, and I am sincerely proud to be a small part of this group. Thank you for keeping the TP flame alive, and I can't wait to delve into discussions about new episodes with all of you!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Come to think of it, based upon my plans tonight and my schedule for the weekend, this afternoon may be the end of my presence here on Dugpa for quite some time.

Should that be the case, thanks to everyone for the great discussions, interesting debates, and colorful arguments.

Thanks to the mods for keeping it real.

Thanks to dugpa for the best Twin Peaks forum on the planet.

See you later, not goodbye. Goodbye seems too final.

-Joel
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

underthefan wrote:Not to get too mushy, but before I take a brief hiatus from the board, I'd just like to say thank you to all of the dugpa posts and moderators - you guys have made this wait bearable. In fact, it if wasn't for all of you, I'd already be in a psychiatric institution, prison, and/or had several heart attacks by now (and that is only a slight exaggeration). I am constantly impressed at what a smart, resourceful, and creative bunch you all are, and I am sincerely proud to be a small part of this group. Thank you for keeping the TP flame alive, and I can't wait to delve into discussions about new episodes with all of you!
Same to you bud. Maybe we'll meet up some time before I leave California for good.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Mordeen wrote:
underthefan wrote:Not to get too mushy, but before I take a brief hiatus from the board, I'd just like to say thank you to all of the dugpa posts and moderators - you guys have made this wait bearable. In fact, it if wasn't for all of you, I'd already be in a psychiatric institution, prison, and/or had several heart attacks by now (and that is only a slight exaggeration). I am constantly impressed at what a smart, resourceful, and creative bunch you all are, and I am sincerely proud to be a small part of this group. Thank you for keeping the TP flame alive, and I can't wait to delve into discussions about new episodes with all of you!
Same to you bud. Maybe we'll meet up some time before I leave California for good.

-Mordeen
I'd love that, Mordeen! And thank YOU and others with inside info for keeping the mystery alive!
Ubermensch33
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ubermensch33 »

Don't know why, but seeing this on paper/screen just makes me all warm and fuzzy:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (31 KiB) Viewed 10323 times
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Sad to see you go Underthefan and Mordeen - Why?

TP instagram red carpet set up: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUSnw3QB0e9 ... =twinpeaks As someone commented - very sad little trees.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...