NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by chromereflectsimage »

What time zone is this referring to?
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

IcedOver wrote:If this hasn't been posted, "Good Morning America" (on ABC no less) has a cast reunion scheduled for Wednesday morning.
Does it have the sting of the 48 hour blend?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Mistertom wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Ahhh... Didn't finish the book yet. Was going to finish it this week... Whoops.
Oh I'm sorry ! I don't think it's a huge spoiler .. Atleast I didn't spill the beans on who the archivist is sorrry !!

Haha. It's all good. I might've missed when they revealed it actually. I'm just at the part where Dr. Jacoby's brother did the newspaper story on the Log Lady. I started it as soon as I got it but unfortunately found of a lot of the Nixon conspiracy stuff to be a little boring. All though there are bits I really enjoyed. I'm determined to finish it by Friday.
if you've read that far you'll be glad to know that (i believe) 100% of the remaining book is all about Twin Peaks and the characters from the series.. personalyl i really liked all the myhology of occult and conspiracy within the book and as Frost said recently that might very well play a big part in the new series. actually it almost certainly will imo.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Is that LA time? Think this means it is 1.15am in UK time....argh.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Pretty sure it's PST.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Rudagger wrote:It is a bit of a shock to see Ben looking so .. well, old. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy looks great for 78. But with the grey and flattened hair style, and the thinner rimmed glasses, it is kind of hard to see him. With someone like Jacoby, he always looked a bit older, and the outfit/facial hair makes it hard to see the aging as much.
Yeah, totally.
Ben was always one of my favourite characters, so, very excited to see what he gets to do in the season (even if I think it's going to be pretty minimal, personally)
Why do you think it's going to be minimal? I hope you're not right!
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

mtwentz wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Mistertom wrote:
Agent Tamara Preston , the person investigating the dossier from "the secret history of twin peaks"
Ahhh... Didn't finish the book yet. Was going to finish it this week... Whoops.
It's no big spoiler- enjoy the rest of the book.
The ~mystery~ of what these initials stand for is in its own low-key way the lamest thing in the book.

(Spoiler alert: turns out it's a name that begins with those letters)
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

I may be chronically nostalgic and despite the fact I've been hyped for the last couple of weeks and can't wait to see the new material, am I the only one who thinks it's a shame in a certain way we immediatly get 4 episodes/parts? It's great from an instant satisfaction point of view, but my semi-masochistic side would have loved the anticipation spread out over 18 weeks. (And no, if they're up for grabs I probably won't have the spine to just wait a week to see part 2, etc.)
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

My story: I first saw TP with my mother back when a was a ten-year-old (those of you who have kids of similar age, maybe you should give it a whirl watching the revival with them, as the experience clearly didn't fry my young brains - then again, maybe that's not quite true :) ) and mom was as old as I'm now - 36. We obsessed over it from the very first minute (we didn't know anything about Lynch at that point; Blue Velvet came later, when I was at the oh-so-mature age of 12-13 - I still vividly remember the nightmarish but irresistibly seductive and totally perfect late-night movie experience) as did practically anyone I knew at the time of airing (classmates at school, the majority of relatives and family friends, it was EVERYWHERE). But she, unlike me, grew out of it once it was over. Would love to see the new show with her, as she's still around and in good health at 62 (a two-time cancer survivor, though) and still quite a movie/TV geek (here's to mom who never believed in censorship; your non-restrictive policy made me into a man I am today! :) )

Later in my life, I introduced the show to a couple of friends (who're sorta outta the picture by now) and to my current better half (of 12 years) - she loved it at first, but her attention dropped and her mood soured in the post-Leland phase (ya know the drill...), although she wasn't keen on them introducing the supernatural angle well before. She remembers the show kinda fondly and says she'll give it another chance some day, but she sorta mocks my fanboy obsession at the same time, especially since the revival has been announced ("Oh, you're on that forum again, bein' a little boy..."), and guarantees me I'll be disappointed. :( I guess I envy those of you who don't have to deal with a spoilsport in your households.
Last edited by Agent Earle on Wed May 17, 2017 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Mordeen wrote:Pretty sure it's PST.

-Mordeen
Thanks. So GMT is 7 hours ahead of PST so 12.15am. Argh.

Is this the Ace Theatre event?
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

chalfont wrote:
Twin Peaks Podcast wrote:Has anybody posited yet that the ragged looking lady from the newest trailer may be James' mother?
Yupp, I thought the same
Good call! The sight of that woman haunts me in ways I cannot describe...
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

36 is a great age Agent Earle!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

IcedOver wrote:If this hasn't been posted, "Good Morning America" (on ABC no less) has a cast reunion scheduled for Wednesday morning.
Looks to me there is so much 'news' today that it may not be aired today. There was no mention of it during the opening. Everything is focused on breaking news (and that's all I'll say).

Edit: Ok, false alarm. They are covering Bon Jovi and Kerry Washington too this hour. Maybe TP will be in hour 3?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

I've been watching GMA since 7:30 and losing brain cells by the minute. Who watches this crap?
billloomis

Post by billloomis »

mtwentz wrote:
Looks to me there is so much 'news' today that it may not be aired today. There was no mention of it during the opening. Everything is focused on breaking news (and that's all I'll say).

Edit: Ok, false alarm. They are covering Bon Jovi and Kerry Washington too this hour. Maybe TP will be in hour 3?
Chances are it will air at the tail end. I am a huge Stephen King fan and every time he appears on one of these morning shows you have to suffer until the final 10 minutes.