NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by underthefan »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Twin Peaks, Diana... Wait, are you sure this is actually a new issue and not something from the 90s?? :lol:
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Way off topic, but I have an experience from the 90s that I really love regarding Diana. If you are a Diana fan, look away now.

My family were getting very, very tired of the media coverage of Diana's death, particularly the claim that the nation was united in grief (nobody I knew was at all concerned). Definitely an early lesson in media manipulation. Anyway, at some point my Dad yelled "I'm fed up of this. I bet Mother Teresa could die right now and nobody would even care." He then puts teletext on to read the news (remember that?), and it has a large headline "MOTHER TERESA DEAD". He screamed "I've killed her!!!!!".

As you were.
Joqu

Post by Joqu »

I gotta say the behind the scenes of the shoot video that's part of the variety page is a rather fun watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4YAMLsaVE

I'm wondering if the music used in the latter half is from the new season or if it's something generic that sounds a little like Twin Peaks though. Does anyone know? Either way, I rather like it.
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

That really was a fun watch, and finally let's us know that Laura Dern has not watched Twin Peaks (explains her reference to Anne instead of Annie in that other video).

Pretty sure the music was an instrumental version of The Nightingale, although I'm not sure if I've heard that particular version before.
Joqu

Post by Joqu »

I'm pretty sure you're right, it sounds a lot like The Nightingale. But I've never heard it before either.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Funny to see all those photoshoots and articles. Some time ago we were complaining that they weren't marketing it.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

underthefan wrote:
Twin Peaks, Diana... Wait, are you sure this is actually a new issue and not something from the 90s?? :lol:
I'm just shocked that TV Guide is still published!
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

The four set photos from today are definitely real, they're up on the Showtime press site now!
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

underthefan wrote:
Right? I literally thought it was an old issue. :o

EDIT: I'm reading Reflections, and this struck me in a new light what with the whole episodes vs. parts stuff this time around.

MARK FROST: "I tended to think of the episodes as chapters, not episodes."

"The model (particularly then) for network television was you cranked out episodes like sausages and the closer they were to being identical to each other without being identifiable as such, the better it was for the company you were making it for. But we weren’t making this for a studio, we were making it for ourselves and we wanted to break that mold and said, 'Let’s make a nine-hour movie.' And that’s how we proceeded all the way through that first season."
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Showtime is starting a marathon of Twin Peaks Season 1 & 2 5/20 5pm CST til 5/21 8pm CST on SHO2HD DirecTV Channel 547.

Still can't believe this is happening
Last edited by JohnGSmoke on Tue May 09, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Just stopped and realized we're practically down to the final 10 days before the big Return. Christ let this weeks go by fast
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

I just notice it says S1|E1. I'm surprised it doesn't say S3|E1.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Downloaded the Showtime Anytime app on the Play Store and seen this in the screenshot sectionImage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

They're using the same pic for an ad on the playstation store.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.