NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by AXX°N N. »

I think the desire for a production which never ends points to a wound of some sort in the desiring consumer and I hope, thematically, the new season will confront, contend, and perhaps allow avenue to heal. Death is coming.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

dronerstone wrote:Would totally be a good thing to finally get to TALK ABOUT JUDY, of course! :)

But don't expect it, I don't believe Lynch likes to give away every tiny wee little bit.
I think there'll be a "bigger" and "final" explanation to the whole thing (though I can't even give away my hypothesis due to possible spoilers) but WE are most probably the ones who'll have to connect all the dots - and I strongly believe there's gonna be a vast array of very different ways to do that. That's what I love about DKL.
Don't get me wrong, that's what i love about his films too! All i'm saying is that i hope, and believe without having any evidence to back it up, that Judy somehow will be involved in this. Solely because the mystery surrounding her is the one mystery that had me dream and theorize the most all of these years. I always had the feeling that Lynch intended more for Judy than what we saw.. And now, maybe, he has the chance to show us. Either way, when it airs i'm sure i won't really care if she's mentioned since i'm sure it will be fantastic no matter what. I can't wait to be swept in pure Twin Peaks BLISS!! :)
Last edited by Fashion Suicide on Thu May 04, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

AXX°N N. wrote:I think the desire for a production which never ends points to a wound of some sort in the desiring consumer and I hope, thematically, the new season will confront, contend, and perhaps allow avenue to heal. Death is coming.
Good point there, AXX°N.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

I don't know how much I can trust Sherilyn, at least in giving us 100% truth. It seems to me she's the kind of person to go on a forum and shout "first."

YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

New Teaser.

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.47.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.47.57 AM.png (958 KiB) Viewed 9555 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.45.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.45.52 AM.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 9557 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.43.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.43.27 AM.png (2.07 MiB) Viewed 9564 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.41.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.41.15 AM.png (2.9 MiB) Viewed 9573 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.39.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.39.01 AM.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 9586 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.36.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.36.50 AM.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 9595 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

My ideal scenario is a new miniseries helmed by L+F, new concept new IP new everything. We know that whatever may or may not come afterwards, this endeavour ends "with definitiveness".

I just hope this means this is it for Coop first and foremost, and also for the old cast and their interconnected stories. We've already lost so many. I'm down with any new stories L+F might feel like telling in this 'verse, be it Audrey's Belated Lesbian Hollywood Adventure with a whole new cast or 6 hours of scathing introspection of Michael Cera's character or whatever. I trust them to understand how tough it is to pick a new story that won't cheapen past events and I trust them not to sell out. I think it's always very very difficult, almost impossible, to move past an extremely ambitious chapter that is also meant to be an ending, and I wouldn't risk a blunder. Let endings be endings! But should they fall in love with an idea, I would trust their judgement.

To be frank, I just don't want anyone to have to write around Margaret's absence, or Albert's, or Will's. These wounds are so fresh. Let these actors' legacy live on in the trees.
AXX°N N. wrote:I think the desire for a production which never ends points to a wound of some sort in the desiring consumer and I hope, thematically, the new season will confront, contend, and perhaps allow avenue to heal. Death is coming.
As often happens, I find your posts to be a voice of reason.
Aerozhul wrote:Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it seems that many people want a definitive ending to Twin Peaks with Season 3. I don't know what everyone's definition of "ending" is, but I fully expect that after I watch the final episodes in September, I will have many questions that will remain unanswered. Maybe not as many as I did after the S2 finale, but certainly Lynch won't wrap it up with a nice bow.
Definitive ending is what both Frost and Nevins said! Lynch keeps insisting on leaving the viewer room to think, so he's certainly not gonna spoon-feed all answers and call it a day. But Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire are great precedents of 'definitive endings' that still leave a lot of questions and thinky thoughts!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

For me, the main appeal of this new show is that it's Lynch directing the whole deal. Even though "TP" got me into Lynch at ages 13-15 during its original run, I became more a fan of his than the show. I never wanted the show to come back and was very apprehensive when I read the news (and still am). If he weren't directing (which looked possible when he "left"), I'd have zero interest, and wouldn't want any continuation without that same condition. (I'd prefer it not continue and him do a film instead.) As it is, I think we're all sort of expecting it to be a bit more experimental than just a reunion show. I wouldn't mind if it's like "IE" in spots. Hell, with all the musicians on the cast list, it wouldn't be surprising if a whole hour is a concert hour.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

While I wouldn't disgree with your assessment in a vacuum, in the contect of these past few pages, where has there been a rallying cry for a Twin Peaks that never ends and goes on and on and on?

I personally am more than fine and content with the gift we are about to be given, but I've only seen a few people express that they would have no complaints about a 4th season or perhaps 5, provided it was what the creators desired themselves.

How does that line up with "a production that never ends"?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Holy shit! IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN :shock:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

NOW THATS HOW YOU TEASE PEOPLE!!!!!!
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

OH WOW.

This new teaser and new images delight to no end! Even if a certain dread and sadness seems to emanate from each face(perhaps just part of the journey)
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

That scene with Sarah is sending shivers down my spine.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

It also looks so beautiful. Aaargh! I'm so hyped!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Amazing. The show is going to be great. Sarah!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?