NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by dreamshake »

It's missing the shot of Laura's portrait too but it's great to have all the new footage in one video.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Did you guys hear about the hacker who obtained upcoming episodes of "Orange is the New Black" and has released a bunch of them online? It seems he supposedly has shows from other networks that he's also threatening to release unless a "ransom" is paid. It doesn't appear that he has anything from Showtime though.

But what if someone get a hold of the new TP episodes and released them online before the premiere? I'm sure that most of us here would not watch them that way, but there are people out there who would. Spoilers could be hard to avoid at that point.

I assume Showtime is using the highest security measures possible to prevent such a thing from happening.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Esselgee wrote:Did you guys hear about the hacker who obtained upcoming episodes of "Orange is the New Black" and has released a bunch of them online? It seems he supposedly has shows from other networks that he's also threatening to release unless a "ransom" is paid. It doesn't appear that he has anything from Showtime though.

But what if someone get a hold of the new TP episodes and released them online before the premiere? I'm sure that most of us here would not watch them that way, but there are people out there who would. Spoilers could be hard to avoid at that point.

I assume Showtime is using the highest security measures possible to prevent such a thing from happening.
Just read the news.FBI is tracking the person.Maybe its a blue rose case ?
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Esselgee wrote:Did you guys hear about the hacker who obtained upcoming episodes of "Orange is the New Black" and has released a bunch of them online? It seems he supposedly has shows from other networks that he's also threatening to release unless a "ransom" is paid. It doesn't appear that he has anything from Showtime though.

In that hypothetical world I think I'd have to watch it purely because I'm sure otherwise details would get leaked over the internet, thus spoiling it.
Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Post by Adolphus »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Something I Made :D
Good job indeed. Lynch eating the donut is a little off IMO. I'd leave that out. But the rest is great.
Wow! That is great- good job.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

:?
dreamshake wrote:It's missing the shot of Laura's portrait too but it's great to have all the new footage in one video.
I knew I was missing something. I'll add it tomorrow
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I am also working on removing the text from the forest footage from the recap video last week.If anyone wants the footage just pm me
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Love to see a version without Lynch and the donut. Interrupts the tone. :lol:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Seems to me the order of events in that official teaser is important.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

krishnanspace wrote:I am also working on removing the text from the forest footage from the recap video last week.If anyone wants the footage just pm me
i think there was a version of the tree footage in an Australian promo that doesnt have the text
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Love to see a version without Lynch and the donut. Interrupts the tone. :lol:
Ok
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

krishnanspace wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Love to see a version without Lynch and the donut. Interrupts the tone. :lol:
Ok
Replace that shot with a panning shot of Laura's frame, and boom. Lights out.

BTW, I loved it!
We live inside a dream.
moonmadness76

Post by moonmadness76 »

Yes, amazing work!

Maybe move the handheld shot of the Palmer house to the end and have the Falling theme be cut off by ambience and static as well and move the RR2Go shot in its place.

Just a thought.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtsi wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Ok
Replace that shot with a panning shot of Laura's frame, and boom. Lights out.

BTW, I loved it!
Working on it 8)
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

AXX°N N. wrote:
freeek wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:I was rewatching Season 1 and 2 the last couple days, and Donna, for example, is one of the emotional centers of the show. She also played an important part contrasting Laura in FWWM. So while they could write her off the show in some way and have it work, I'd much rather recast the character and see what became of her.

If they don't, it's not the end of the world, but I would see it as a missed opportunity.
In TSHOTP, Frost wrote that she went to Paris after high school. A fine way to retire the character.
Wait, he did? I don't remember, do you have a pg. number or does anyone else remember?
This isn't true at all, haha. Maybe this is just a joke? Going abroad to Paris is a pretty classic trope for young girls who are written off of TV shows!