NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

marchug wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:If Criterion is releasing FWWM I think the DC chances are zero.
Which is a shame since Lynch has previously mentioned wanting to go back and do one.
Looks like I missed this. Do you have a link?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:Nice job Krishnanspace
Thanks!!!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Agent Earle wrote:
Mordeen wrote: Roadhouse: not just a Family Guy joke anymore. And James stomping that puddle makes me smile. Welcome home, Bookhouse Boy.
Waitaminute! James? That can't be just speculation, right? Of course, I know you can't answer... :)
A gut feeling.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
freeek
Roadhouse Member

Post by freeek »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:I was rewatching Season 1 and 2 the last couple days, and Donna, for example, is one of the emotional centers of the show. She also played an important part contrasting Laura in FWWM. So while they could write her off the show in some way and have it work, I'd much rather recast the character and see what became of her.

If they don't, it's not the end of the world, but I would see it as a missed opportunity.
In TSHOTP, Frost wrote that she went to Paris after high school. A fine way to retire the character.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

freeek wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:I was rewatching Season 1 and 2 the last couple days, and Donna, for example, is one of the emotional centers of the show. She also played an important part contrasting Laura in FWWM. So while they could write her off the show in some way and have it work, I'd much rather recast the character and see what became of her.

If they don't, it's not the end of the world, but I would see it as a missed opportunity.
In TSHOTP, Frost wrote that she went to Paris after high school. A fine way to retire the character.
Wait, he did? I don't remember, do you have a pg. number or does anyone else remember?
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
tid

Post by tid »

On a visual level, the new footage has a flat, digital video vibe, almost looks like something someone shot on their DSLR and the grading felt a little uninspired.

I've been so used to the world of TP being on film, it is going to take some time to adjust to the new look.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
marchug wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:If Criterion is releasing FWWM I think the DC chances are zero.
Which is a shame since Lynch has previously mentioned wanting to go back and do one.
I am trying to find it now. It was in the book Lynch On Lynch by Chris Rodley. I will get back to you when I find it!
-23-
Driftwood
RR Diner Member

Post by Driftwood »

Rainwater wrote:
Driftwood wrote:can't believe there are people who actually wanted a split season. actually want to drag this torture out any farther
You could look at it that way.. Or maybe they want to, you know.. savor (what everyone hopes will be) an amazing experience? I could ask you, why do you want it to be over as quickly as possible?
your welcome to tivo or torrent the episodes and take all the time you want to watch them
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

i want the big dream instrumentals to be soundtrack :lol:
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

krishnanspace wrote:
Something I Made :D
I was thinking to myself "someone should edit all that new footage to Dark Mood Woods, maybe I'll do it" but here it is! Thanks :)
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

Twink Peaks wrote:i want the big dream instrumentals to be soundtrack :lol:
I would love that. I think I read that Lynch was doing some musical cues for it alongside the new Badalamenti score.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

krishnanspace wrote:
I love this. I think it's better than the official trailers put out there!
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

krishnanspace wrote:
That was nicely done. Good job man!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

marchug wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
marchug wrote:
I am trying to find it now. It was in the book Lynch On Lynch by Chris Rodley. I will get back to you when I find it!
Thanks, looking forward!

Anyway, I think FWWM looks great in the CBS box set, I don't think there's need for improvement or that Criterion can add much in terms of supplemental material. A few new interviews telling the same old stories or the Lynch documentary wouldn't make me double dip. Unless Lynch recuts the film I'll pass.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

krishnanspace wrote:
Good job indeed. Lynch eating the donut is a little off IMO. I'd leave that out. But the rest is great.