NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

There's no way that Twin Peaks will have a Super Bowl teaser. Period. These things cost 5 million dollars or something. I think they'll release the next one with the S2 marathon in about two weeks.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Again, the only reason I can fathom for a TP appearance at the Super Bowl is Superb Owl jokes, and I doubt those are high on Showtime's priorities :lol:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Panapaok wrote:Still wondering who replaced Peter Sarsgaard. Looking at the cast list, there's a bunch of people of similar looks and same age range.
I still say Tim Roth but this is a sheer gut feeling.

My totally silly theory from way back was that they originally didn't think they could get Bowie, so they cast Sarsgaard as Jeffries, then Bowie said he could do it, then he died and they asked Sarsgaard again, he had already booked another job, so they went to Tim Roth.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Aerozhul wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:I don't really think it's fair to judge an actor for not taking a job based on money. Yeah it's a privilege work with a creator like Lynch but, you know, sometimes bills gotta be paid, kids gotta be fed, etc
How do you get more money for bills if you turn down a job?
You take another job that pays more money, but perhaps is a lesser role and gets you more eyeballs but less cred. See: LFB doing Wayne's World instead of FWWM. On the surface it seems ludicrous that she did that instead, but she probably made more money for that silly role, and it likely did more for her career. Though in retrospect, she'd probably be held in higher regard today for the meatier role in FWWM.
I've wondered if that's why Naomi Watts' did that recent horror release that was total rubbish and even had "total rubbish" written all over it. Was it a way to supplement the less-than-ideal income that comes along with a TP job? A lot of this is simply about working with David Lynch-- he doesn't get much in the way of financial backing for his projects. I can't remember details, but I know nobody in the Blue Velvet cast made a lot of money. I think Dennis Hopper and Laura Dern worked for peanuts, but they both needed those roles at that point in their respective careers. For very different reasons of course.
Last edited by Dead Dog on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Panapaok wrote:There's no way that Twin Peaks will have a Super Bowl teaser. Period. These things cost 5 million dollars or something. I think they'll release the next one with the S2 marathon in about two weeks.
I didnt mean that they would release a Tv spot during Super Bowl.I meant that a lot of movies and Tv series(Stranger Things) are releasing their trailers tomorrow.It would be good if they released theirs tomorrow on YouTube
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

Yeah, S2 marathon seems to be the likeliest time for a new teaser. Don't know why they'd release one today.
The cow jumped over the moon.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Pöllö wrote:Yeah, S2 marathon seems to be the likeliest time for a new teaser. Don't know why they'd release one today.
Because they love us...? /bats eyelashes in Showtime's general direction
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Aerozhul wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:I don't really think it's fair to judge an actor for not taking a job based on money. Yeah it's a privilege work with a creator like Lynch but, you know, sometimes bills gotta be paid, kids gotta be fed, etc
How do you get more money for bills if you turn down a job?
You take another job that pays more money, but perhaps is a lesser role and gets you more eyeballs but less cred. See: LFB doing Wayne's World instead of FWWM. On the surface it seems ludicrous that she did that instead, but she probably made more money for that silly role, and it likely did more for her career. Though in retrospect, she'd probably be held in higher regard today for the meatier role in FWWM.
You can choose another job if there's another job offered for you. Though I'm sure this is what happened in LFB's case in `92 I don't believe for a second this is what happened with MJA (he hasn't had a proper acting job in seven years).
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

krishnanspace wrote:
Panapaok wrote:There's no way that Twin Peaks will have a Super Bowl teaser. Period. These things cost 5 million dollars or something. I think they'll release the next one with the S2 marathon in about two weeks.
I didnt mean that they would release a Tv spot during Super Bowl.I meant that a lot of movies and Tv series(Stranger Things) are releasing their trailers tomorrow.It would be good if they released theirs tomorrow on YouTube
Yeah but they're releasing those teasers during the commercials on Super Bowl. That's the point.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

They just posted a teaser on the YouTube channel now
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Yeah.. for the old series.
I'll see you in the trees
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

So my guess was right.I knew they would post a new Video on YouTube today :D
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Isn't it basically lifted directly from the Blu-Ray set?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I just got a thumbs up from Showtime on Twitter when I suggested a teaser could be coming tonight because of the Superb Owl .

An awful joke. But I'm holding onto it to hope we'll get something new later. :-)
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

laughingpinecone wrote:Again, the only reason I can fathom for a TP appearance at the Super Bowl is Superb Owl jokes, and I doubt those are high on Showtime's priorities :lol:
sneakydave wrote:I just got a thumbs up from Showtime on Twitter when I suggested a teaser could be coming tonight because of the Superb Owl .
General senza parole original.gif
General senza parole original.gif (1008.66 KiB) Viewed 7757 times