NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Jerry Horne »

bob_wooler wrote:Apart from some new character themes (Becky Brennan Theme perhaps? :mrgreen: ) i hope they use as much of the old music as possible. In addition to the already mentioned (and other obvious ones from the OST), I personally hope for Abstract Mood, Sneaky Audrey (Audrey's Investigation), Birds In Hell, parts of the Culmination, Audrey's Prayer, Teresa's Autopsy/It's Your Father, mood pieces like that. Also, getting a scene with Cherubini's Requiem in C minor again would be awesome.
Hearing tracks from FWWM in the new series would be pretty incredible actually. I would add Mysterioso.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

My feeling is that they'll use only the classic ones (with some new renditions) and the rest will be mostly new material. Just like they did with FWWM.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

douglasb wrote:Conversely, I can see something more melancholy. People leading out quiet lives in a nowhere town, haunted by events 25 years previous.
BFF
That sounds fantastic.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

Just blast Laura Palmer's theme whenever possible.
The cow jumped over the moon.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I hope to hear the backward tracking music that was featured in "Theresa's Autopsy," "Jacques Cabin/The Train Car," etc.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

Apart from Twin Peaks theme and Laura's theme (the ones I expect to be included), I really hope Audrey's Prayer will be used. It's just overwhelming....And a wild card: Louise Dombrowsky- theme (hooked rug dance). Can't explain why - just really like it
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I want to hear "Audrey's Prayer"- it's such an important part of Season 2. Would love to hear a new version of it. Badalamenti has mentioned before that it's one of his favorite tracks.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Mordeen wrote:
I hope to hear the backward tracking music that was featured in "Theresa's Autopsy," "Jacques Cabin/The Train Car," etc.
Oh my God, those tracks were freaky.

"Audrey's Prayer" was great too. I feel that piece could really carry us forward. Something about "Falling" will always feel to me like a treasured relic, something from a long time ago. I struggle to imagine hearing it for the first time in Season 3, and feeling as overcome as when the Pilot opened. I can see "Falling" used as a call to the past really. Audrey's Prayer kind of looks to the future for me.
Last edited by Trudy Chelgren on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
Oh my God, those tracks were too freaky.
That's exactly why I want them there.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

I'm not holding out hope - it feels more of its time than much of the OST - but I'm a sucker for I'm Hurt Bad. That intro never loses its intensity.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

Just you.
The cow jumped over the moon.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Ross wrote:I want to hear "Audrey's Prayer"- it's such an important part of Season 2. Would love to hear a new version of it. Badalamenti has mentioned before that it's one of his favorite tracks.
isn't this basically just an instrumental version of "Questions in a World of Blue"?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Pöllö wrote:Just blast Laura Palmer's theme whenever possible.
Yup, pretty much.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I'm probably in the minority but Laura's theme was insanely overplayed to me in the show. It's a beautiful track but every time I play the soundtrack I skip it because we hear it SO much in the show. Not saying it shouldn't be in the new season, it's maybe the most iconic song in the show after the main theme, I just hope they don't play it every 5 mins again. We need a Agent Dale Cooper's Theme now.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
I'm probably in the minority but Laura's theme was insanely overplayed to me in the show. It's a beautiful track but every time I play the soundtrack I skip it because we hear it SO much in the show. Not saying it shouldn't be in the new season, it's maybe the most iconic song in the show after the main theme, I just hope they don't play it every 5 mins again. We need a Agent Dale Cooper's Theme now.
Agreed. It was indeed way overplayed and I think it should be used sparsely.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series