NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Earle »

ForKeeps wrote:
You really are new here, huh.
Hah, like I said, I've lurked around for practically two years now - don't know what that qualifies me as :) Regarding the "spoilers" thread, I went over it quite religiously over the last year, but honestly, I don't remember any major revelations about the new or even the old actors. As to the new actors, I can't recall a single one of them confirmed as this or that character. Guess I really missed something, huh?
Last edited by Agent Earle on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

mfleite wrote:This forum has had its share of spoilers. There was a doozy of a spoiler posted (that I was lucky enough to read), then removed 10-15 minutes later.

Care to PM me about it? Or is that forbidden also? :)
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

That's why I specifically said "to a degree of certainty" and "not confirmed officially".
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

ForKeeps wrote:That's why I specifically said "to a degree of certainty" and "not confirmed officially".
I get what you're saying, I didn't mean official confirmation as well.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

ForKeeps wrote:This might sound like a stupid question but...what exactly constitutes a spoiler? For example, based on things posted here, we know (to a degree of certainty) who certain actors are playing in the upcoming series, but that isn't public info or confirmed by Showtime. Is it okay to discuss that?
I think that anything plot-related (roles of cast members included, and the size of those roles) which wasn't an information given by Frost/Lynch and Showtime is to be considered a spoiler.

I guess some people consider certain spoilers more telling than others. For instance, whether somebody has the 2nd biggest role is a pretty important spoiler for me, but I can see why others don't see it that way.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I think most of it has been simply speculation, with a few notable exceptions.
djerdap wrote:For instance, whether somebody has the 2nd biggest role is a pretty important spoiler for me, but I can see why others don't see it that way.
Yup, that definitely qualifies.

Agent Earle, I think you need to be careful not to get the b&hammer. You keep referencing spoilers. (You did edit the post, but still)
I'll see you in the trees
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Most of the real information was not discussed publicly unless it leaked from somewhere other than here.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Okay, I've made a few edits of my previous posts and now there's not a single name mentioned. Although it's completely beyond me why mentioning a few of the "old" series' actors' names would qualify as a spoiler, it's better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the heads up, in any case!
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief at the new policy! I'm hardline #ktma so the idea of a spoiler thread never sat right with me, but (like many here) I found myself hanging out there because that's where most of the chat was happening. I could hardly have blamed anyone else if I'd been spoiled so this new clarity is appreciated.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

I support the new policy. I don't know why anyone who cares about the series would be interested in spoilers.
The cow jumped over the moon.
MusicInTheAir

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by MusicInTheAir »

mujubuju wrote:For those of you who are looking for some music which is speculated to be in the new series, check out "In The Nightfall" by the Veils. The song was specifically recorded in Lynch's studio. Gives me the chills thinking about what Lynch could visually pair it with.
Lyrics available for this? Can't seem to find them anywhere. I'll happily upload a synchronized .lrc version (MiniLyrics) if someone knows/has the text.

edit: lyrics on official website 8)
Last edited by MusicInTheAir on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Not a fan of the Vedder song or The Veils one. Badalamenti where are you?
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Same here, but I'm not too worried. Lynch knows how to incorporate music into his work. So far, he's pulled it off wonderfully, even with artists I don't like.
I'll see you in the trees
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Pöllö wrote:I support the new policy. I don't know why anyone who cares about the series would be interested in spoilers.
I do respect it, but saying what you said seems a tad unreflected, right? There's ALWAYS more than one point of view or opinion on something. It's called pluralism.
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

i like where it says not to post anything vulgar or obscene and then says "or GTFO".

just so cool.
next step: rocket science!