NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TvinPiks

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by TvinPiks »

As good as Amick is in Twin Peaks, her role doesn't hold a candle to the one in Stephen King's Sleepwalkers, an unjustly reviled 1992 horror flick! It's about a pair of incestous mother-son cat-creatures that survive via sucking out life essences of young virgins; Amick is this cheerleader-type character who finds herself in the ghoulish duo's crosshairs.
Last edited by TvinPiks on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Wouldn't either Sunday, April 16th be a possible release date? Homeland season 6 (12 confirmed episodes) is ending April 9th and Billions is 9 episodes into season 2 (12 confirmed episodes). This opens a slot between 8-10PM for Twin Peaks (where Homeland and the reprise of last week's Homeland used to be). Or 9-11, if Billions could be moved to 8PM, but I guess that would not happen.

Sunday, May 14th should be even better though. Billions season 2 is ending May 7th and Twin Peaks takes the slot where Penny Dreadful used to be. This opens up sundays from May 14th and forward totally - 8PM, 9PM, 10PM, 11PM. This should be perfect for Twin Peaks, especially if the episodes has different running times.

The Twin Peaks picture on the month of May in the Showtime 2017 calendar should not be considered relevant evidence based on the full info, but it would also match the timing. Combine it with the earlier Sky Italy info, where Twin Peaks 2017 is expected to May. So the Sunday of May 14th should be the date with best odds.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

NightTimeMyTime wrote:Wouldn't either Sunday, April 16th be a possible release date? Homeland season 6 (12 confirmed episodes) is ending April 9th and Billions is 9 episodes into season 2 (12 confirmed episodes). This opens a slot between 8-10PM for Twin Peaks (where Homeland and the reprise of last week's Homeland used to be). Or 9-11, if Billions could be moved to 8PM, but I guess that would not happen.

Sunday, May 14th should be even better though. Billions season 2 is ending May 7th and Twin Peaks takes the slot where Penny Dreadful used to be. This opens up sundays from May 14th and forward totally - 8PM, 9PM, 10PM, 11PM. This should be perfect for Twin Peaks, especially if the episodes has different running times.

The Twin Peaks picture on the month of May in the Showtime 2017 calendar should not be considered relevant evidence based on the full info, but it would also match the timing. Combine it with the earlier Sky Italy info, where Twin Peaks 2017 is expected to May. So the Sunday of May 14th should be the date with best odds.
Totally agree, been saying this for weeks. May 14 (Mothers Day ironically) at 10 pm
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

NightTimeMyTime wrote:Wouldn't either Sunday, April 16th be a possible release date? Homeland season 6 (12 confirmed episodes) is ending April 9th and Billions is 9 episodes into season 2 (12 confirmed episodes). This opens a slot between 8-10PM for Twin Peaks (where Homeland and the reprise of last week's Homeland used to be). Or 9-11, if Billions could be moved to 8PM, but I guess that would not happen.

This is a good point. Still hoping for April 30th, but May 14th has been creeping into my mind as well for the past few days.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

So glad to see Ferrer and Dean on that panel. And I will be very excited to see them in juicy and important roles with lots of screen time. Personally, I think the characters Albert and Dale have amazing chemistry, even better chemistry than Harry and Dale. Dale being that head in the clouds optimistic type, and Albert being the down to earth cynic. I love the scene between the 2 in FWWM where dale is describing what his intuition tells him who the next victim will be, and Albert isn't believing a word of it.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I meant Ferrer and Dern*
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Platypus2000 wrote:So glad to see Ferrer and Dean on that panel. And I will be very excited to see them in juicy and important roles with lots of screen time. Personally, I think the characters Albert and Dale have amazing chemistry, even better chemistry than Harry and Dale. Dale being that head in the clouds optimistic type, and Albert being the down to earth cynic. I love the scene between the 2 in FWWM where dale is describing what his intuition tells him who the next victim will be, and Albert isn't believing a word of it.
Is he? His volcano speech is less than three weeks later. He knows Coop works on a different level, I'd say, but someone's gotta keep him grounded, keep a necessary base of skepticism. He pokes at Coop but he's listening...

Also seconding the enthusiasm for Shelly and Lucy. Both had ample screentime due to their jobs, but when it came to personal storylines, Lucy was mired in a pregnancy plot and Shelly was under Leo's shadow. And sure, most of TP's storylines are about victims, but hers pushed her down to the point that her personality rarely got to shine. Fingers crossed this time round!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So did this summarize what we hope/expect from tomorrow's TCA event?

1. Air dates
2. Episode Count
3. Show Title (Season 3?)
4. A full trailer

Am I missing anything?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

5. A pony
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

mtwentz wrote: 3. Show Title (Season 3?)
Personality I don't think it really matters that much. But Frost did refer to it as S3 on his tour.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

mtwentz wrote:So did this summarize what we hope/expect from tomorrow's TCA event?

1. Air dates
2. Episode Count
4. A full trailer

Am I missing anything?
I'm betting on Twin Peaks.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

N. Needleman wrote:5. A pony
Attachments
waiter_thumbs_up.png
waiter_thumbs_up.png (377.02 KiB) Viewed 7229 times
I'll see you in the trees
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I think they won't be calling it S3 because it's not a direct sequel, like it would be in 1992. It's a continuation, of course, but it's a fresh and new story.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

mtwentz wrote:So did this summarize what we hope/expect from tomorrow's TCA event?

1. Air dates
2. Episode Count
4. A full trailer

Am I missing anything?
5. Some new AB music
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

bob_wooler wrote:

1. Air dates
2. Episode Count
4. A full trailer

Am I missing anything?
5. Some new AB music
Be still my beating heart.

I wonder if we'll get a soundtrack release before the season starts? Song titles are sometimes interesting.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM