NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Panapaok »

I don't expect anything until the end of the year. As soon as 2017 kicks in, the promotion should start, though.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Some random soundtrack-related thoughts. As much as I want plenty of new material from Angelo, I hope all the classic stuff from the original series (especially Laura Palmer' Theme) will be re-used substantially.

Also, I hope that the main theme will be used not only in the opening sequence (that's a given) but also during the episodes as well. Many of the directors of the original series used it but I believe Lynch used it only once in Ep. 8, when Norma visits Shelly in the hospital and then sees Ed by Nadine’s bedside. I also want Dark Mood Woods to be used a lot. It's only in Ep. 29 and in FWWM/Missing Pieces but it's such an atmospheric piece and I love it.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The bit with Norma in the hospital moving through the halls, seeing Ed and Nadine, etc. with the theme was always one of my favorite little moments.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

N. Needleman wrote:The bit with Norma in the hospital moving through the halls, seeing Ed and Nadine, etc. with the theme was always one of my favorite little moments.
Yeah, wonderful scene. Other great ones, where the main theme is used, are the 'I love you Sheriff Truman' scene and the one when Cooper says goodbye to Harry. :cry:
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

The "give yourself a present" line would work well with a Christmastime promotion, but I don't think we'll see anything "new" until 2017. Looking forward to being proved wrong.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Panapaok wrote:Some random soundtrack-related thoughts. As much as I want plenty of new material from Angelo, I hope all the classic stuff from the original series (especially Laura Palmer' Theme) will be re-used substantially.

Also, I hope that the main theme will be used not only in the opening sequence (that's a given) but also during the episodes as well. Many of the directors of the original series used it but I believe Lynch used it only once in Ep. 8, when Norma visits Shelly in the hospital and then sees Ed by Nadine’s bedside. I also want Dark Mood Woods to be used a lot. It's only in Ep. 29 and in FWWM/Missing Pieces but it's such an atmospheric piece and I love it.
For some reason, I don't think they'll have an opening credits sequence like they did back in the 90s and will just integrate the credits into the opening scene, like most shows do nowadays.

That's just a wild guess on my part.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

It won't be Twin Peaks without the opening credits and I think last years teaser which had the aerial footage is part of the opening credits,
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Short interview with MacLachlan from Mipcom:

http://mipblog.com/2016/10/kyle-maclach ... erception/
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Double R Diner

Post by Double R Diner »

So yeah, I figure by now you all have seen this new "behind the scenes" teaser? With the actors? Not sure if that classifies as a "Spoiler" on here, so I won't get into my thoughts, but... it's interesting to see some actors in their "character" get-ups.
Aqua
Roadhouse Member

Post by Aqua »

They're all ... old :)
Double R Diner

Post by Double R Diner »

There's one thing I'd like to talk about which I hope is not a spoiler, and that is the visual look of the material we've seen so far - all promo material, of course. BUT I noticed that there seems to be a hint of a green color filter/correction on everything, which would be contrary to the red color of the original show. Which I find quite curious.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

All of this stuff is shot by Showtime, not the Twin Peaks crew or certainly Lynch/Deming. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Double R Diner wrote:There's one thing I'd like to talk about which I hope is not a spoiler, and that is the visual look of the material we've seen so far - all promo material, of course. BUT I noticed that there seems to be a hint of a green color filter/correction on everything, which would be contrary to the red color of the original show. Which I find quite curious.
It's BTS stuff, it's shot by Showtime people and not by Lynch. I don't think we have seen a single shot from the series itself so far.
Double R Diner

Post by Double R Diner »

Sure - but I am wondering, with Showtime having access to material from the show, if this is "in line" with a new aesthetic theme. The 4:3, red, grainy look was quite unique.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Proved wrong, happily. WOW.

-Mordeen

Moving Through Time. . .