Simultaneous Tweets from David Lynch & Mark Frost

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: Simultaneous Tweets from David Lynch & Mark Frost

Post by hopesfall »

There's lots of people on good old facebook today pretty convinced that it's just TP being shown in its entirety on Showtime. Nothing more. I don't know what to make of it all, so i'm just going to wait patiently until something comes from a reliable source.

I've made my views on any type of continuation clear since i was a teenager. I just love it as it is. I know people are saying you don't have to watch it if you don't want to, but it'll still be canon, and Twin Peaks has been an incredibly huge part of my life growing up and it feels strangely personal. It even feels weird seeing it so hot on social networks right now, it sounds childish but it almost feels like "Hey, that's my show you're talking about!". :lol:

Like i said in another thread, perhaps delving into the mythology of the lodges would be nice, but i don't know how they'd do it. Other than that, the missing pieces and the audio archive have made me happier than i'll ever be with it all. It felt like a nice, satisfying book-end.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Among other types, mankind needs pessimists and cautious, conservative thinkers. Nothing is more dangerous than unchecked utopian enthusiasm.

That said, what we are experiencing now — whatever it may be — was always a part of Twin Peaks. It's as old as the very conception of the idea. All of what we love and what we've yet to experience with this world is part of a golden circle . . . and everything will proceed cyclically.
Last edited by Jasper on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Don't get me wrong, i'm not party-pooping. I'm much more of an optimist in my personality than a pessimist, big time. I just like my favourite TV show the way it is, that's all. I'm not going to get a flight over and start picketing it, if anything does come about! :lol:

With all i've said, however, i do get quite shivery and excited when i read about what ideas Engels and Lynch had for further elements of the story, so i may be susceptible to change should anything like that arise, perhaps.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I understand your position, and in a way I even find it admirable.

As for me, I simply trust this team, should they choose to create something. I think the current environment (television renaissance, etc.) is perfect. Twin Peaks tilled this garden and fertilized the soil.

For me the confluence of forces at this point in in time feels preordained. The universe seems to have willed this into being, to put it poetically. I'm prepared to surrender all concern and experience the flow of history.
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

I've followed the previous rumours with a healthy dose of scepticism, especially the campaigns which have been demanding a return to Twin Peaks.

But if both Lynch and Frost are about to collaborate on a return then I'm absolutely all for it. I've asked both of them (on separate occasions) if they'd like to return to Twin Peaks. Lynch was vague and said he continued to dream about it, Frost said he thought too long had passed. Crucially, neither said they didn't want to go back.

If there's nothing forcing their arm (and both are fiercely independent artists) then I could only see this as a positive thing. And let's face it: when was the last time Lynch made something that was shit?
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

hopesfall wrote:There's lots of people on good old facebook today pretty convinced that it's just TP being shown in its entirety on Showtime. Nothing more. I don't know what to make of it all, so i'm just going to wait patiently until something comes from a reliable source.
That sounds way more likely than a revival to me.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

rewak wrote:
hopesfall wrote:There's lots of people on good old facebook today pretty convinced that it's just TP being shown in its entirety on Showtime. Nothing more. I don't know what to make of it all, so i'm just going to wait patiently until something comes from a reliable source.
That sounds way more likely than a revival to me.
But also too small for such a mysterious double tweet.
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

I can't believe this is all about a TV channel showing repeats. It's just not newsworthy, particularly since the recent Blu-ray release.
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

I've made my views on any type of continuation clear since i was a teenager. I just love it as it is. I know people are saying you don't have to watch it if you don't want to, but it'll still be canon, and Twin Peaks has been an incredibly huge part of my life growing up and it feels strangely personal. It even feels weird seeing it so hot on social networks right now, it sounds childish but it almost feels like "Hey, that's my show you're talking about!". :lol:

Like i said in another thread, perhaps delving into the mythology of the lodges would be nice, but i don't know how they'd do it. Other than that, the missing pieces and the audio archive have made me happier than i'll ever be with it all. It felt like a nice, satisfying book-end.
Lynch and Frost are going to tweet simultaneously from New York time where Showtime is based - this is done by giving someone in charge there the passwords in PR - to merely promote another repeat of the show? Erm, if Showtime does show it then there could be a repeat of the series first, yes. This tweeting is not merely a tool to promote a repeat. Then we have the following of the person doing PR at Showtime - then we get Harley Peyton's comment. Today there is mention of Duwayne Dunham being involved. Now, I am not one to just take news like that online at face value, but when its being reported from good sources like Brad Dukes who wrote the recent Reflections on Twin Peaks book or Harley Peyton, nevermind Lynch and Frost themselves? Obviously they're not just out to promote coffee, gum or a repeat. The show is already being screened on the 'Sy-fy' channel here in the UK as i'm sure you know?

I fully understand your feelings about how TP is personal to you, but also I think that is respectfully the same for everyone. Some people don't take interest in the black lodge ideas, some don't like this plot of that plot or adore FWWM. There's something in Twin Peaks for everyone perhaps to an extent wouldn't you say? I'd say there's only reason to feel optimistic about this creatively speaking if Frost and Lynch collaborate. Effectively, the show went a bit too off the rails when they weren't collaborating.
euro
Roadhouse Member

Post by euro »

Jerry Horne wrote:Chris Isaak, David Bowie, Miguel Ferrer, Kiefer Sutherland, Kenneth Welsh and Harry Goaz.
Maedchen Amick and Peggy Lipton still look beautiful. Lara Flynn Boyle, not :D

What about Michael Ontkean and Russ Tamblyn ? What about Richard Beymer and Dana Ashbrook ? And I hope that we will see The Log Lady again :)
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

eyeboogers wrote:But also too small for such a mysterious double tweet.
james wrote:Lynch and Frost are going to tweet simultaneously from New York time where Showtime is based - this is done by giving someone in charge there the passwords in PR - to merely promote another repeat of the show? Erm, if Showtime does show it then there could be a repeat of the series first, yes. This tweeting is not merely a tool to promote a repeat. Then we have the following of the person doing PR at Showtime - then we get Harley Peyton's comment. Today there is mention of Duwayne Dunham being involved. Now, I am not one to just take news like that online at face value, but when its being reported from good sources like Brad Dukes who wrote the recent Reflections on Twin Peaks book or Harley Peyton, nevermind Lynch and Frost themselves? Obviously they're not just out to promote coffee, gum or a repeat. The show is already being screened on the 'Sy-fy' channel here in the UK as i'm sure you know?

I fully understand your feelings about how TP is personal to you, but also I think that is respectfully the same for everyone. Some people don't take interest in the black lodge ideas, some don't like this plot of that plot or adore FWWM. There's something in Twin Peaks for everyone perhaps to an extent wouldn't you say? I'd say there's only reason to feel optimistic about this creatively speaking if Frost and Lynch collaborate. Effectively, the show went a bit too off the rails when they weren't collaborating.
Woah, easy tigers! I was just sharing what the general consensus appeared to be on a social networking site. I made it clear I wasn't taking any bait until I hear something concrete. As reliable as the sources are that seem to be adding their hands to the spinning of the rumour mill, not one of them has said for certain that something specific is happening. I know that's how viral marketing works nowadays but I'm still choosing to wait for at least a legit comment from Frost/Lynch or their representation. I actually agree that it's a bit much of it is promo for a re-run, and yes I am aware of its current Sy-Fy air play, my brother has been excitedly texting me after each episode he watches! :)

Also, yes, I'm aware of how personal it is to each and every real fan of the show. That was just my opinion and I stick to it. I'd be ecstatic for it to be left alone. I can't say I'm not intrigued, but I'm certainly nervous. I can't really explain why. It has all the hallmarks of being just as magical as the show was when it began, what with the same backbone propping it up and all, I'm just a fan of Twin Peaks as it is. That's all I'm saying.
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Post by FauxOwl »

I can understand wanting the show to be left as it is... even if the television/film series was never intended to end as it did. For me personally, it's just the opportunity to see more work in this medium by David Lynch. I would be just as excited to learn he is working on a new, original film or television series. I might even prefer something new than returning to TP... but the reality is, film and television is a commercial medium and Lynch is an uncommercial talent. Twin Peaks is an existing property he's involved with which has been recently proven ripe for commercial interest. If this is the way to get Lynch working in the medium again, I am for it 100%.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

james wrote:Today there is mention of Duwayne Dunham being involved...
Where did you hear about this?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

So happy right now. So blissfully happy.