Simultaneous Tweets from David Lynch & Mark Frost

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

nemo
RR Diner Member

Re: Simultaneous Tweets from David Lynch & Mark Frost

Post by nemo »

The most important in case they are really planning to revisit TWIN PEAKS is to make a show, which would simply stand on its own. Without any nostalgic unnatural sentiment, without having just a desire to do it again - this approach ruined many former classics in the American film history. As Lynch always says, the pure ideas alone matter, not the desires of doing it again. I think, it's the most difficult challenge, which can be overcome by refraining from copying and repeating - that's the thing Lynch is absolutely aware of, I'm sure. The problem is how convincing the storytelling will be taking into account the absence of characters. If one assumes, that BOB represents the embodyment of evil in TP universe, then this character is simply unavoidable. I can't imagine him to be substituted by anybody else, The Jumping Man is great as all the others, but they are too abstract and create rather the dreamy mood, than act on their own. Some other characters could be invented, but it would mean dropping loose ends in the former plot on the one hand and making compromise through the plot change and substitution of character on the other. So recasting and omitting the character can be either way bad. That's why the idea of ,,another" Twin Peaks looks rather dubious, if not necessarily bad. But after all TWIN PEAKS isn't a place but a mood, so I'd be ready to plunge into it.
Last edited by nemo on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:I am STUNNED. This has to mean something. Just look at this picture! I am trembling with anticipation and excitement.

I haven't been this excited since I punctured Caroline's aorta!

I just can't believe this, it seems too good to be true.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

nemo wrote:and like Philip Jeffries doesn't really know how many years passed
"For God’s sakes, Jeffries, where’ve you been?! You’ve been gone damn near 25 years!"
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Post by FauxOwl »

I don't want to keep my hopes up... but man... I agree with others it's too much for them to simultaneously drop a tweet like that if there wasn't something that was a go. I'm sure the sales of the box sets (despite the unresolved technical issues) has helped boost commercial interest in a TP revival. It seems entirely possible. But I still don't want to keep my hopes up until an official announcement... then I will proceed to go berserk.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Owls are hooting here, cool! 8) but hoo knows if there would be a comeback.I for one would leave it alone.
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

So... could there possibly be an official announcement coming up for example on next week?? All in all this seems exciting!! :D
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

This is what @Jerry Horne said http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30958#p30958
And if anyone knows something it would be Jerry Horne and Dugpa.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

how about Jennifer? didn't she say there would no longer be anymore? just slap it on a formica table and say yes or no. just wonderin now. it's exciting but yet again leave it be.
oscar gonzo

Post by oscar gonzo »

so excited i'm dancing like little Mike in the red room.
and to add even more excitement: wouldn't it be fantastic to hear all new music for the series by the great Angelo Badalamenti?
Yeah, it sure would :D
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

oscar gonzo wrote:so excited i'm dancing like little Mike in the red room.
and to add even more excitement: wouldn't it be fantastic to hear all new music for the series by the great Angelo Badalamenti?
Yeah, it sure would :D
Yes, indeed some more of the great music from Badalamenti would also be a nice side effect.
CooperDog

One thing's for sure

Post by CooperDog »

However this goes down, any new material (mini-series, series, film, webisodes) will go down as one of the most scrutinized and critically analyzed media ventures ever.

Can't wait!
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Oh, this looks beautifully promising! :D
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

A great way to handle Frank Silva's absense would be to not directly address whether the Cooper character is possesed or not. Him acting just like we know the character most of the time, but there would be these little moments of oddness so that the audience wouldn't really be able to trust him. They couldn't keep tht going forever but that approach could create a nice dramatic undercurrent.
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Post by FauxOwl »

I wouldn't have any problem with them recasting BOB if they felt BOB needed to reappear for the story. It's not ideal but I'd rather have them not have any restrictions with the narrative then change the story because the actor has passed.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

BOB1 old buddy where are you? Maybe this time we'll see once and for all if BOB-possessed Coop marries Annie... :D