Complete Autographed Star Pics set hits ebay - ~$5,000

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Complete Autographed Star Pics set hits ebay - ~$5,000

Post by jmichael »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Certif ... 2516.l5255

I know it can be hard to tell if these cards are legit are not, but looks like a very interesting auction. No David Lynch card.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Re: Complete Autographed Star Pics set hits ebay - ~$5,000

Post by kafard »

With, it seems, the same pen and with the Frank Da Silva autograph? Looks like someone wants money, hum...
A french little guy named : Dam.
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Post by thegreatnorthern »

I found a David Lynch signed card in one of the two sealed starpics packs I saved for years, hadn't considered selling but might if I rec'd an offer
I was stunned to find it, although I don't collect autographs and that sort of thing, I posted pictures and info about my finding here,
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... vid+signed
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

I just purchased 2 sealed boxes of these cards. I still haven't undertood if I could find any signed card inside.
The writing on the side of the box says that it may contai "at least" one original signed card (see attachment).
Do you know if it is true?
Finger crossed for my purchase! :wink:
Attachments
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG (34.95 KiB) Viewed 10846 times
Roomservice...
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

It's possible but very unlikely.
cat butt

Post by cat butt »

Anyone else find it odd that the predominant direction of the text is diagonal, lower left to upper right? Given the high number of signatures here, I would expect to see a higher rate of variance. The same size group from another set of signed cards would indicate this I think, maybe I'll swing by the card shop on the way home to look at the sports cards.

All blue markers? Weird, very weird. Very unlikely they were ever able to get everyone in a single place, but maybe these cards were sitting out on a table on set somewhere with a little sign that said "sign me". Someone should show a signed card (or pic of a signed card) to a few cast members to see if we can get some confirmations :)
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

cat butt wrote:All blue markers? Weird, very weird. Very unlikely they were ever able to get everyone in a single place, but maybe these cards were sitting out on a table on set somewhere with a little sign that said "sign me". Someone should show a signed card (or pic of a signed card) to a few cast members to see if we can get some confirmations :)
Actually, they did famously have a signing party with everyone. Russ Tamblyn and his daughter, Amber, tell a very funny story about it on the Season 1 DVD set (also found on the Blu-Ray) and David also talks (in a not funny story) about being at that party in the documentary I Don't Know Jack.
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

I'm passionate about Twin Peaks, but not passionate enough to spend five grand on a set of cards that can't even be used to play poker. :wink: