My Bob Engels Interview: 50's Black Lodge Backstory & More

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Re: My Bob Engels Interview: 50's Black Lodge Backstory & More

Post by sylvia_north »

Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Thanks for that, just read this for the first time.
Interesting interview!
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Leacock
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leacock »

Fascinating.

|But there was a lot of stuff revealed, even though it was still mysterious. Who was Judy, and was it ever actually planned that she might be Josie’s sister? What was the whole deal with that scene?

That’s a good question, I don’t quite remember. (Brett laughs) Judy is my wife’s sister’s name, that’s where that came from, I think. Now that I think about it, there might have been more shot [of the Buenos Aires scene]. That was to connect everybody, I think Windom Earle was down there, that was the plan, and that David Bowie was on the hunt for him. We weren’t trying to tie things up neatly, but I think those were meant to be the end of things. But Josie is in Buenos Aires as far as , as is Windom Earle. At some point there must have been some planning on how we were going to shoot more of Buenos Aires, and bring him back. But I don’t think we ever got that far, but there was a reason to bring in another agent. (Laughs) But boy you got me, you got me. It was pretty cool to see that stuff though, I remember that."

Windom Earle in Buenos Aires, has anyone seen any script information on what those scenes were like - or was that just meant as backstory?