1994: 15 Year Old Turkmenian Kid Sends Letter To Twin Peaks

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SamStanley

1994: 15 Year Old Turkmenian Kid Sends Letter To Twin Peaks

Post by SamStanley »

Anyone ever come across this?

I was trying to find images from the Twin peaks Lynch Fest 2000 (still am, if anyone can help me out).

Thursday, April 7, 1994 - Page updated at 12:00 AM

`Twin Peaks' Is Figment Of Reality For Turkmenian -- Caspian Sea Youth Want Details On TV Fantasyland
By Louis T. Corsaletti

NORTH BEND - No, Alex, there is no town of Twin Peaks.

And Laura Palmer, Shelly Johnson, the Log Lady and the host of other people who populated the bizarre television series are merely figments of producer David Lynch's quirky imagination.

By the way, Alex, there is no sheriff of Twin Peaks, but King County police Sgt. Dave Germani, who heads the North Bend Precinct, did receive your letter and hopefully will respond to some of your questions.

In fact, he's even trying to round up a couple of "Twin Peaks" souvenirs for you.

Several days ago, a letter from 15-year-old Alexander Petrosov arrived at Germani's office, even though it had been addressed to Twin Peaks, Sheriff Department, Twin Peaks, State Washington, U.S.A.

Petrosov, who lives in the Turkmenian town of Krasnovodsk on the southwestern shore of the Caspian Sea in the former Soviet Union, commented that the TV series "Twin Peaks" had begun airing in that part of the world. Before the series began, he said, previews stated that "Twin Peaks" was based on real life.

"I'll very glad if you'll getting my letter, because I don't know exactly, is there Twin Peaks town in reality," the youth wrote. "As you are sheriff, I think you must know genuine truth."

The 1990-91 serial, filmed in North Bend, Snoqualmie and other areas of Western Washington, concerned a girl's murder in the fictional logging town of Twin Peaks (with Mount Si in the background and North Bend and Snoqualmie rolled into one city).

Petrosov, a high-school student, went on to ask more about the character Laura Palmer:

"If Laura Palmer was (maybe she had another name) would you kindly to describe her life. Will she so beautiful as at film. Have she own mysteries and secrets, kept she a secret diary? and all what you know about her."

Germani is passing Petrosov's inquiries and address on to Pat and Don Shook of Romeo, Mich., who are staging another Twin Peaks Festival Aug. 12-14 in North Bend and Snoqualmie. Although last year's event was only a minor success, the Shooks are going to give it another try.

The show's spark apparently still lives in the hearts of many around the nation and the world. Tourists still drop by to view the setting and sites in the Snoqualmie Valley, where the TV series and the movie "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" were filmed.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Re: 1994: 15 Year Old Turkmenian Kid Sends Letter To Twin Pe

Post by jlyon1515 »

Are you looking for any specific photos? I could probably track them down for you.
SamStanley

Post by SamStanley »

jlyon1515 wrote:Are you looking for any specific photos? I could probably track them down for you.
Hi Jared,

I've seen your site before!

I came across it during my search, but I notice there are only photos from 2001 onwards.

I'd love to see any pictures from 2000's festival that feature crowds of random festival attendees. In around 2007 I once came across a picture on Flickr, I think, of the exterior of the venue for the dinner/Q&A with celebrity guests and saw myself inadvertently photobombing someone. I was sure I'd attached the image to an email, for posterity, or at least linked to it, but I haven't been able to find it again.

When I attended in 2000, I had a camera, but didn't manage to get any pictures of myself. I met some people at the Festival that also didn't manage to get any pictures who I've recently come back into contact with, and I'm sure they'd be interested to see if they could spot themselves too.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

You might also be on Richard beymer's video that he doomed during the fest that year (at least I think he filed in 99 and 2000). Have you ever looked at that?