Twin Peaks retrospective at USC

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SenorDroolcup

Re: Twin Peaks retrospective at USC

Post by SenorDroolcup »

Everyone on the list has said yes, in one way or another, but have some complications with scheduling. David Patrick Kelly, for instance, is in a production of ONCE in NYC, so he needs to be cleared to take a weekend off. Michael Ontkean doesn't know his schedule for late March yet, but is penciling in March 24th, etc. No promises, but the initial response has been great!
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

I hope that they manage to get them, it would be wonderful if they could get Michael & Kyle on the same panel.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

SenorDroolcup wrote:Everyone on the list has said yes, in one way or another, but have some complications with scheduling. David Patrick Kelly, for instance, is in a production of ONCE in NYC, so he needs to be cleared to take a weekend off. Michael Ontkean doesn't know his schedule for late March yet, but is penciling in March 24th, etc. No promises, but the initial response has been great!
That's the impression i got. I wasn't saying everyone on the list was definitely pencilled in. :)
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Maclachlan and Ontkean on the same panel - that would be a neat reunion yes. I also feel Beymer's presence is needed ;)

Also: Tamblyn, Michael J Anderson and Strobel (on the same day), Michael Parks and Eric Da Re.

Then they'd have a pretty solid collection of people to conjure up the TP atmosphere ;)
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

They're holding back on announcing the guests for the last 2 events (the final 3 eps and FWWM), so I'm hoping they're saving the very best for last (though just about all the panels are pretty awesome already).
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
SenorDroolcup

Post by SenorDroolcup »

Michael Ontkean is trying to make it in for March 24th. Kyle's schedule is up in the air, but the plan for now is to have him at the April 14th finale (fingers crossed that the timing brings in Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee that night as well). The backup plan for Michael would be April 14th as well, if March 24th falls through. Al Strobel is coming on March 10th and Michael Anderson decided that the retrospective wasn't going to work for him (see his facebook page for a fascinating explanation). Russ is considering it now, stay tuned.
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Couldn't find MJA's explanation on his Facebook? What did he say?
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

"I admire USC a great deal and when I first got your invitation I felt honored. Then I saw that you had invited virtually everybody. Those people don't seem to like me very much. Last Twin Peaks Festival Fenn declared that she would not attend if I were going. Other unpleasantness as well. Ask David Lynch which of the cast members he thinks I MURDERED! (no joke) I'd like to attend but probably best not."

Huh.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

What is this all about? :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Little Mike has pissed off a lot of cast members. Careful.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Well, ok he's p-d off some cast members. But is that such a big deal?

The mention of murder - so we're supposed to believe that Lynch thinks Mike murdered another cast member? This sounds really out there.

It sounds like a movie in fact!

What's the truth about all of this?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

james wrote:Well, ok he's p-d off some cast members. But is that such a big deal?
As a fan, I'd love for him to attend. However, if it means Sherilyn Fenn and possibly more cast members drop out, then that does not seem like an equitable exchange to me.
james wrote:The mention of murder - so we're supposed to believe that Lynch thinks Mike murdered another cast member? This sounds really out there.
It sure does doesn't it? But consider the source (Anderson).
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

"equitable exchange" :lol:
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

All of this about Little Mike is so odd. I wonder what the real story is...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/