Any old TP Gazetters remember me?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wowBOBwow

Any old TP Gazetters remember me?

Post by wowBOBwow »

Boy, it's been a long time. 8 years or so since I drifted off from the old Twin Peaks Gazette. I never stopped obsessing over the show, and I got nostalgic recently and was saddened to see that the old gazette had bought the proverbial farm. I have lot's of good memories of the conversations and general craziness on the old gazette, sparring with Jordan and Nuart in the politics forum, talking music with the other nerds, etc. Any of the old gazette guard still around, other than dugpa, of course? Sounds as if the gazette got really crazy after I left around 2005 or so, from what I can dig up here. Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and check this board out (very nice), and see how everyone is doing these days.

Thanks,

Dave
Melong
RR Diner Member

Re: Any old TP Gazetters remember me?

Post by Melong »

You live in California, right? Sadly, politics has gone out of the airplane window on Dugpa. :wink:
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I'm still around, Dave, good to see ya... :)

Some gazetteers moved to Dugpa when the Gazette closed... You'll find some of them, like me, posting here from time to time... Rebel, BOB1, Maddy,...
wowBOBwow

Post by wowBOBwow »

Hey Gordon, nice to see you are still around. Melong, yes I am still up in Northern California, born and raised. It's about time for me to bust out the DVD's and take the ride again, and that had me missing the old community. It's probably for the best that folks are not discussing politics here, it did tend to get pretty contentious at times. On another note, I have often thought about attending a TP fest, is it still going on next year? In my recent lurking it seems that some sort of shakeup is going on as to promotion, but that it is likely to continue. Is that correct?
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I think i remember your name Dave! I used to go on the Gazette a lot more than i go on here these days, but i post from time to time. The place has been buzzing since the Archive released all the Twin Peaks music.

Hope you're well! :D
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

I remember you from the politic forum as well as what's the member name Nordic? cool member and yes it did get outta hand with some ticked off member at the last end Wanna a say I did not do anything wrong, and Jordan sweet guy backed me up so thank ya Jordan!!! I dont care anymore sbout that member. but Jordan or kelly can we erase those nasty comments?
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

Hi Dave
Nice to have you here. Still a few of us old TPGers hanging around here.
All the best
Monty
B..

Post by B.. »

'Sup? Dave. The Gazette force is reaching critical mass now. :D
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

Incoming....

Here's another one...I used to post as Blue Frank over there, so it's good to see some of you still around.

Gazetters might find my blog of interest.

http://subliminalsynchrosphere.blogspot.com/

Ok...I will shut up about it (blog) now.