FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012 - Buyer Beware

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

rewak
RR Diner Member

FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012 - Buyer Beware

Post by rewak »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Fire ... ROKL5A1OLE

No word on any potential features yet. From what i hear most of Universals Blurays are region free, could be of interest.
Logan

Re: FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012

Post by Logan »

Has there been any rumblings lately on when or if we can expect to see the Gold Box (or FWWM for that matter) released on Blu-Ray in the U.S.?
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Logan wrote:Has there been any rumblings lately on when or if we can expect to see the Gold Box (or FWWM for that matter) released on Blu-Ray in the U.S.?
I think Mark Frost mentioned recently that they weren't immediately moving forward on doing a Blu-Ray of the Gold Box. I guess the studio was hesitant to move forward with it right away, something to do with lack of profits due to so much streaming content.

It was an audio interview posted somewhere, not long ago, but maybe somebody else can provide the source?
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

I do not really care about the blue ray edition! My question is always the same: will we never see the movie with the deleted scene?
Hope one day my dream will come true.... :roll:
Roomservice...
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Well to be honest i wouldn't hold hope, they're prepping other movies for releases including Blue Velvet, and it doesn't look like they're including the deleted scenes for that :roll:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

rewak wrote:Well to be honest i wouldn't hold hope, they're prepping other movies for releases including Blue Velvet, and it doesn't look like they're including the deleted scenes for that :roll:
Uhh?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It's a definite downer especially when you hear those clips with Lynch describing how it would be a great tribute to Jack Nance to release those scenes.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

If the problem with the realization of a DVD of FWWM including the deleted scene is economic I think that David Lynch could make a downloadable video and put the entire movie on davidlynch.com. I think he could make some good money! And make everyone of us HAPPY!
Roomservice...
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Post by mavenickster »

piero wrote:If the problem with the realization of a DVD of FWWM including the deleted scene is economic I think that David Lynch could make a downloadable video and put the entire movie on davidlynch.com. I think he could make some good money! And make everyone of us HAPPY!
That's a very interesting idea, provided that the video would be high quality, at least DVD quality. :D
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

piero wrote:If the problem with the realization of a DVD of FWWM including the deleted scene is economic I think that David Lynch could make a downloadable video and put the entire movie on davidlynch.com. I think he could make some good money! And make everyone of us HAPPY!
Sadly if it were that easy it would have been done already. Rights are owned by MK2 and Lynch will only do it if they pay to do it right. He couldn't put it out himself unless he paid MK2 to license the scenes which from what I gather is either something he is not interested in doing or something that MK2 is not willing to do.
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Post by mavenickster »

It's all about money... how sad...
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

With the amount of money pledged through Kickstarter.com for the Lynch's "Lynch Three" documentary, I'd think it would be almost as easy for MK2 to start a Kickstarter campaign for the funding to pay Lynch to color correct and remaster these deleted scenes.

Lynch's "Lynch Three" project has $138,243 worth of pledges from 938 people through Kickstarter! That averages $147 per person.

Someone (Dugpa?) should mention this idea to MK2. :)
dugpa
Site Admin

FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012

Post by dugpa »

The topic was brought to Lynch at one point as one of the founders of Kickstarter is a big Lynch/FWWM Fan.

I was contacted to help gather info. Alas, when I pinged the guy back on status updates, he never responded.

I am guessing it either never made it to Lynch or Lynch got the request and was too busy to get it going.

-B
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

There was a lot of bashing on the UK artwork on Facebook, I thought it was better than the two previous ones.
I really didn't like the one that puts the Palmer family pic as a puzzle, and the MK2 one was just damn poor.

(puzzle one)

(MK2)

(UK)
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

I have pre-ordered my copy, love the artwork. Looks very promising indeed. Does anyone know for sure what extras will be on the Blu-Ray?
The next time you see me it won't be me...