The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Re: The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by KahlanMnel »

No, we will most likely not announce that until the end of the year.
"It's good to want things..."
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Cool. Did it become all too time consuming towards the end? :)
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Oh it's always been time consuming, be it a crowd of 80 or 200+. It's the same Festival, just more people. :) Jared and I had said for a while that we wanted to make it to the 20th Festival and then tap out. But we wanted to see the Festival at least that far. And we did. And now we're done.

For me it was just about getting my life back. It was about having my vacation time back to do whatever I wished. It was having my money back so I could afford to treat myself to the things I wanted in life. It was about being able to pick up the things I had to set aside, like working on my master's and my PhD. And it was also about salvaging my love of Twin Peaks. When you work on something as much as Jared and I did, you become almost immune to the things you used to love as a fan. When you can't even find it in you to feel butterflies over the fact that you're eating dinner right next to Sheryl Lee, something has to change. And really, nine years is a good long run. Longer than any other organizers in Festival history. :) I will miss parts of it but I can tell you I will never miss the fretting over money, the fretting over whether or not celebs will accept our invites, the regular and sadly frequent verbal abuse from people on Facebook or via e-mail, the politics of being in the Twin Peaks scene. Bleh.

I look forward to just being a regular fan again. It will be nice to not have to stay up every night prepping for the next day and then getting up super early to ensure everything and everyone is ready. I can nap in the middle of the day! I can drink and socialize! I can actually wear a costume without having to worry if I can break down tables and lug boxes in it! And I can come and go whenever the hell I like. Damn skippy. :)

Mostly I'm just stoked to get to hang out with all the other attendees. <3
"It's good to want things..."
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thank you, Amanda. I hope one of these days you can go back to the Twin Peaks Brewing Company (I think?) and fix that site. It's been a long time. How much longer do you think people will continue to want to go to festivals?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.