The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by Brad D »

Audrey, I think you pretty much covered it! And yes, I am pretty sure Ken Welsh was never approached about FWWM, but Ken mentioned to me that if another film had happened That Windom would appear. It makes me wonder... Where did the series of movies rumor/story originate?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Believe it or not, the rumors trace back to Bob himself. Check it out:

http://twinpeaks.org/faqfwwm.htm

F3. Why did Lynch do a prequel?

When the TV series was canceled and ended in the summer of
1991, Lynch went almost immediately to work on the film,
saying he was not yet ready to leave Twin Peaks and its
characters behind.

FWWM co-writer Robert Engels revealed that storylines for
several possible movies were developed to varying degrees.
As the first of what was hoped to be a series of TP movies,
it probably made the most sense to "fill in" the missing
details of Laura Palmer's life and death.

The excerpt above was posted on the old alt.tv.twin-peaks usenet group back in Sept 1992.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Perhaps Engels just meant that there were no "concrete" plans for a series of movies. Either that or he is mis-remembering or bluffing. Because he himself was quoted back then as saying that if FWWM was successful another might follow (as Dugpa mentions above- he also mentioned it in the Film Threat article I believe). Lynch said the same, and in fact, the deal with Ciby 2000 at the time said one of his other films might be another TP film if FWWM was successful. Also, Isaak and Bowie both mentioned in interviews back then that the next movie would most likely be another prequel with their characters involved.

As for Earle in FWWM, Engels mentioned in an article that there were originally plans for Earle to have a scene. Not sure if that ever made it to the script stage though. And as Brad mentions above, Kenneth has said there were tentative plans for him to be involved in future films.
Last edited by Ross on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

wow love the stories , but where are the pictures from the fest? please show, thank you! pictures would be a kick! the rest of of us Lynch Fans would wanna see pics as well. there has to be members that took alot of pictures. why haven't ya post them here? I am not on facebook.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Brad D wrote:Audrey, I think you pretty much covered it! And yes, I am pretty sure Ken Welsh was never approached about FWWM, but Ken mentioned to me that if another film had happened That Windom would appear. It makes me wonder... Where did the series of movies rumor/story originate?
I bet David and others had all kinds of great ideas for Twin Peaks stories that could have filled up several movies after FWWM.

My guess, though, is once David started contacting the cast members about FWWM and realized few of the principals wanted anything to do with Twin Peaks anymore, the idea of doing more movies was a goner. And I can't imagine the studio would have been enthusiastic about paying David a lot of money to make a Twin Peaks movie starring Chris Isaak, David Bowie, etc.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Rebel wrote:wow love the stories , but where are the pictures from the fest? please show, thank you! pictures would be a kick! the rest of of us Lynch Fans would wanna see pics as well. there has to be members that took alot of pictures. why haven't ya post them here? I am not on facebook.
There were a few on twitter and Facebook. I have been on the road since the fest and should have pictures up Monday.
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

There are plenty of pictures out there already, but the lion's share are on facebook.

I will add a gallery to my website here in a week or so, but they'll be the ones I already have on fb and google plus. :D
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I know there are plenty of interviews out there circa 1992 from the actors about a series of films. (I think even one from Engels himself)

but when I asked him, he didn't even hesitate. He said it very quickly and shaking his head with a dismissive, "No."

I'm trying to remember other tidbits. I can't remember if it was Engels or someone else who told me, there was a thought of having FWWM open with a scene in the 1950s, centering on a home, and then going deep, deep into the earth and reveal the bugs and worms, and it was actually Mike and BOB.

*also talk of each agent having a black lodge girl -Cooper with Laura, Jeffries with Judy, and Desmond with Teresa.

*also he clarified with me that they were already filming the second season when Kyle nixed the C/A plot. (it wasn't over the summer hiatus)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I also had the pleasure of interviewing him a few years back and he said the same. I was also surprised and asked him about the Ciby deal which he responded that things may have been different had the first film done well.

I think because of the many years that have passed, it may be difficult to remember details on projects that never came to be.

I myself often forget the little details that even 5 years ago I could recall word for word.
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Where on FB are those photos? :)
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

Most of it appears to be shared between friends. Look for a mirror of what I have on there on my website in the next few days.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

missoulamt wrote:Where on FB are those photos? :)

There are some pics on my site! Front page, you'll see it :)
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Brad D wrote: There are some pics on my site! Front page, you'll see it :)
I especially loved those Breaking Bad filming locations!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Melong wrote:
Brad D wrote: There are some pics on my site! Front page, you'll see it :)
I especially loved those Breaking Bad filming locations!
Great! I am sad that tomorrow is already episode 6. Gonna be a long wait till next summer...
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Has it been announced who will be taking over organising the fest next year?