Michael Ontkean in the new Alexander Payne film

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Michael Ontkean in the new Alexander Payne film

Post by TheArm »

Just a heads up that Michael Ontkean actually has a very, very small role in Alexander Payne's new film "The Descendants," which is out this weekend (starring Clooney). He plays one of Clooney's cousins and appears in a couple scenes in the film. He only has 1 or 2 lines, but there are a couple good shots of him. Incredible to see him on screen again at all, really. He still looks good and still very recognizable as Sheriff Truman, though he's been living in Hawaii (where the film was shot/set) for several years now and it shows in that he's extremely tan and his skin looks a bit leathery (and his hair is grey).

Still, just really cool to see him resurface again after all this time!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
the primal root

Re: Michael Ontkean in the new Alexander Payne film

Post by the primal root »

Holy cow, yeah he did! I saw The Descendants about a month ago and knew I recognized the actor. Wow, I'm almost ashamed of myself for not connecting the dots sooner. That's pretty dang cool, though. Thanks for cluing me in, Mr. Arm!

-Root
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

Just seen The Descendants (great flick), blink and you miss Michael - What is his story - why so out of the business for the last 10 years - what does he do with his time?
DeathBag

Post by DeathBag »

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1710

Not trying to be smart saying I reported this already - I'm just surprised that I reported it almost a year ago. Where does the time go?!?