Remaining Mystery Twin Peaks Locations

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Remaining Mystery Twin Peaks Locations

Post by dugpa »

I'm putting out a challenge to all you Twin peaks Fans out there. By the end of the year, I want to try and help Charles from http://www.InTwinPeaks.com find several of the remaining elusive Twin Peaks locations.

Below is a list of the remaining locations. If you know where any of these may have been filmed or if you know anyone that may know, please post in this thread. Below is a list of the final few elusive filming locations:

PILOT:
Bank - Safety Deposit Box Office
pilot_097.jpg
pilot_097.jpg (25.73 KiB) Viewed 16414 times
Donna and James Get Pulled Over
pilot_111.jpg
pilot_111.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 16394 times
Necklace Burial Spot
We've heard that this was filmed near the Sheriff's Department building, but there's been no confirmation.
pilot_095.jpg
pilot_095.jpg (14.99 KiB) Viewed 16391 times
Johnson Residence
I'm assuming that this was shot inside the house used as the exterior in Snoqualmie, but I just wanted to confirm.
pilot_113.jpg
pilot_113.jpg (13.45 KiB) Viewed 16392 times
Jacques' Cabin Spot (cabin built for the film. not there anymore)
jacquescabin1_LG.jpg
jacquescabin1_LG.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 16391 times
Harold Smith's House
smithshouse3_LG_2.jpg
smithshouse3_LG_2.jpg (24.91 KiB) Viewed 16388 times
Laura Meets Ronette, Leo & Jacques in the Woods
meetinginwoods_LG.jpg
meetinginwoods_LG.jpg (19.01 KiB) Viewed 16381 times
FBI Offices/Hallway
We've heard this was shot in a building in downtown Seattle, but we have no other leads to go on.
fbioffice.jpg
fbioffice.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 16386 times
fbi2.jpg
fbi2.jpg (19.27 KiB) Viewed 16394 times
Pink Room
I always just assumed this was shot in a studio, but lately I've wondered if it was shot on location somewhere. I'd love to know where this was filmed!

SERIES:

Bank from Episode 29
Jacoby's Office Exterior
Packard Sawmill Exterior - Episode 7
Ben Meets Leo in the Woods - Episode 4
Necklace Burial Spot - Episode 4
Windom Earle Kidnaps Briggs
Briggs/Cooper Campsite

Thanks in advance!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Remaining Mystery Twin Peaks Locations

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think I have the Savings and Loans location from a call sheet. I'll try to find it.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

The exterior of Jacoby's office was shot at the studio in the San Fernando Valley on Balboa St. It's one of the bungalows there near the airport.

The Ben/Leo meeting place -- wasn't that the same as the "Man Behind Tree" spot at the InTwinPeaks site? If not, it may have been right next to the Leo house in California -- I seem to remember that possibly being the place.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I added a few screenshots I got from Charles. I'd love to see these all found and added to Charles' page.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

based on the call sheet for 2.022, the Savings & Loan building location is listed as:

7th & Spring, Downtown LA. The shots are all listed as interiors, including the vault.

I don't have the exterior and don't know if they are the same.

It was scheduled to shoot on Wed, March 6th, 1991.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

That could very well be it. Here is what I found using Google Maps:
BankVault.jpg
BankVault.jpg (78.2 KiB) Viewed 15364 times
And the one from Episode 29. Maybe...
tpep29_246.jpg
tpep29_246.jpg (15.29 KiB) Viewed 15356 times
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Thanks so much for posting this, Dugpa! And thanks for the info, Audrey!!! Hopefully we can find and phtograph all these spots by the 20th Anniversary!

So far, I believe I've located the Donna/James pullover spot (more or less), the necklace burial spot (more or less), and it turns out that the Johnson interiors were shot inside the same house as the exterior.

Now what I REALLY want to know is where was the safety deposit box scene shot!!!!!???? WHERE!? HELP!! Anyone?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

wow audrey! crazy you found that. i am headed to LA by april at the latest to find what's left in LA. cant freaking wait.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

a bird also once told me that the leo/jacques/ronnette/laura meetup along with Jacque's cabin from FWWM were 'back near the railroad tracks' in what i assume is in or near snoqualmie. if this rings any bells amongst you all please share more info :)
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

actually, the exterior of the bank might be on a lot. It is in daylight and has an explosion and would be quite expensive to shut down a main street and use stunt windows.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

True. But you have to admit that those arches look very similar...
ciro161

Post by ciro161 »

Way back in 1994 I met some people from Washington while on vacation in Cancun, Mexico. I struck up a conversation with them about Twin Peaks, and they said they recalled seeing TPFWWM being filmed around their town.

They specifically mentioned that they filmed "the bar scene" in an actual bar in Ravensdale, Washington. The people that lived near this bar were upset because this place had been shut down, and when they saw "seedy people" going in and out, they thought it had reopened.

I always assumed "the bar scene" meant the Pink Room, so perhaps you should poke around Ravensdale...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

oh yeah, they are. I have to look at the scene again. The bricks in the shot might be fake, and they built out around the windows to do the explosion. Set bricks and windows around the actual exterior.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Re: Jacoby's office in Episode 7, I can't remember where on earth I read or heard this, but I swear I remember somebody commenting that that was just the back exterior of the warehouse (City Studios?) in Van Nuys where they had all of the interiors? Was that possibly mentioned on the first season DVD commentary?

And yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that bank exterior is a set on a studio lot somewhere in LA, but I'm not sure which one.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

OK. I think the Pink Room or "Party Land" scenes were definately done on a set. I assume this based on excerpts from the shooting diary. Let me know if you all agree after reading it.

http://dugpa.com/features/twin-peaks-fi ... ing-diary/
Tuesday, October 8 ' 28th Day

Back to the studio and pre-lighting of Party Land ' a night spot where Laura lures the naive Donna into her dark world.

According to David's indications, the set is strikingly ugly. It's a large place, with walls made of face wine-red logs. Worn and sleazy carpeting of the same shade covers the floor. In a raised area, some tables and wooden benches. The floor is littered with cigarette butts and scraps of paper. On the walls hang garlands of purplish light bulbs.

Wednesday, October 9 ' 29th Day

Shooting at Party Land. About forty extras, mostly youths, and a small band of musicians. The wardrobe people have done a fine job. Lots of girls in more or less torn jeans and both strapless brassieres. Others wear thigh-high boots or mesh stockings like those of cheap Pigalle bar girls.

Laura's transformation is striking. From a well-behaved school girl, she has turned into a real siren in black miniskirt, black stockings and thigh-high boots. Donna seems completely lost in her little pleated skirt and socks.

Once more, I am surprised by the sparsity of the lighting ' three fixtures fitted with about fifteen, no more than 25-watt bulbs, two gelatinized projectors, six neon tubes and one stroboscopic spotlight ' that's all.

Thursday, October 10 ' 30th Day

Follow-up on Party Land, shooting under a record and overpowering temperature of 42°C making the headlines of all the papers.

A heavy smoke fills the set up to its low ceiling. Some technicians wear a mask and David, unruffled, his usual favorite woolen jacket with a hole in the elbow. He dismisses all the people not absolutely indispensable on the set, keeping only the camera team, the assistant, the gaffer and the script supervisor, who says everything goes wonderfully well.