If TP was Reimagined, what Current Actors would Work?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NoiselessFan
Roadhouse Member

If TP was Reimagined, what Current Actors would Work?

Post by NoiselessFan »

Let's say Lynch and Frost redo this thing - who plays who?

(Sorry if this thread was already done, I looked for one like this and couldn't find it.)

Laura --> one of the OLSEN TWINS, mainly since the character is already dead and we need someone cute with a touch of disturbed in her - or perhaps one of those nuttey SPEARS SISTERS - then again, maybe some complete unknown chick would be better here, to add more mystery

Ben --> Man, I have no idea offhand

Audrey --> Evan Rachel Ward? She has very lost looking eyes and plays the young disturbed trouble-maker well, I think a younger Alicia Silverstone would've worked but she's too old now;

Shelley --> pretty easy to find, just need anyone with perfect looks and a goody two shoes girl next door demeanor willing to get jumped by a male actor twice a wk - Hollywood's gotta be full of women for this

Cooper --> JOSH HARTNETT? Good loooking but goofy is an odd mix - a young TOM SELLECK Magnum PI type is rare; Hartnett was goofy in LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN, and I could see Ward flirting with him - maybe JOSH DUHAMEL could work, he's also very goofy

Truman --> need a guy with a kind face but strong - HEATH LEDGER would've been great 'cept he's dead - there's a simplicity to the character that makes him pretty easy to replace imo - although I can't think of any offhand ;) - hardest part of this guy is he MUST have cop buddy chemistry with the Coop actor, so Coop must be picked first

Lucy --> she cannot be replaced - we'd need to find someone who's adorably confused in an annoying way that somehow doesn't annoy you, but she'd have to capture this blend in a different way - she's the type you'd have to just stumble onto interviewing cooky chicks

Andy --> cannot be replaced directly, like Lucy

Leo -->

Etc.

Man I'm exhausted - didn't get very far either - feel free to disagree, most of you know the chars better than I do anyway
greg4881

Re: If TP was Reimagined, what Current Actors would Work?

Post by greg4881 »

I think Screech could be Andy.
yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

NoiselessFan wrote:Audrey --> Evan Rachel Ward? She has very lost looking eyes and plays the young disturbed trouble-maker well, I think a younger Alicia Silverstone would've worked but she's too old now;
You mean Evan Rachel Wood? I think she'd be alright but I can't help but think she'd get really annoying fast.

For Ben, I think Michael Keaton would be good. I also think Aaron Eckhardt would be great, since he played a similar character in Thank You For Smoking.

Can't think of anyone else specifically and, frankly, it'll be a dark day when they remake Twin Peaks unless Lynch and Frost are heavily involved.
NoiselessFan
Roadhouse Member

Post by NoiselessFan »

sorry, yeah, wood - and yeah, Lynch's unique method of selecting the cast would be sorely needed
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

James Hurley could be played by Shia Labeouf...
I'm gonna go out for a sandwich
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Myley Cyrus as Laura and Billy Ray Cyrus as Leland
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

Mmmmmm, that could make lots of kids wanna watch it. But i don't see Billy Ray Cyrus singing Mary eats oats and does eat oats.
NoiselessFan
Roadhouse Member

Post by NoiselessFan »

-->I could see Joe Pantoliano doing an interesting interpretation of Dr Jacoby
-->Natalie Portman could be Shelley - she's a simple, innocent, flawless kind of pretty
-->Guy Pearce might make a believable Coop - he can be clinically logical yet likeable
itsbeen20yrs

Post by itsbeen20yrs »

The giant wrote:Mmmmmm, that could make lots of kids wanna watch it. But i don't see Billy Ray Cyrus singing Mary eats oats and does eat oats.
I think it's:

Mares eat oats and Doe's eat oats,
And little lambs eat ivy,
A kid will eat ivy too,
Wouldn't you?
xman
Roadhouse Member

Post by xman »

Amber Tamblyn needs to at least work at the RR.

Jon Hamm from Mad Men as Cooper?
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

itsbeen20yrs wrote:
The giant wrote:Mmmmmm, that could make lots of kids wanna watch it. But i don't see Billy Ray Cyrus singing Mary eats oats and does eat oats.
I think it's:

Mares eat oats and Doe's eat oats,
And little lambs eat ivy,
A kid will eat ivy too,
Wouldn't you?
Yeah, thats what i meant.