20 Years of Twin Peaks

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: 20 Years of Twin Peaks

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'd love to know the details of those dreams :)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

i don't know...7-8 years ago the guy who played dale cooper ( forgot his name ) said that if the show had been continued it would've "ended badly".
I'm gonna go out for a sandwich
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Murray wrote:When David Lynch was promoting his meditation book late 2007 I asked him at one of the shows if he had any desire to return to Twin Peaks. His reply was, "No." (long pause) "But I often dream about it as I'm sure many of you do."
Hi Murray, welcome to the board. Wow, wouldn't we all like to know what David's dreams are like?
I guess we kinda know from his movies.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Here is an event in Austin, Tx. I've also heard from someone who is planning a Miss Twin Peaks contest in L.A. :
firewalkwithme_flyer_front.jpg
firewalkwithme_flyer_front.jpg (188.76 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
Attachments
firewalkwithme_flyer_back.jpg
firewalkwithme_flyer_back.jpg (182.14 KiB) Viewed 8699 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Less than two months to go until the anniversary and not a word about additional music or any firm word about the series on Blu-Ray or the deleted scenes. What will we get this year if anything?

Are we all just getting a jar of scorched engine oil?

Will Lynch or Frost mark the anniversary in anyway?
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

I actually interviewed Mark Frost last week for a magazine I write for in Scotland (part of the UK release PR campaign). I'll post a link to the interview as soon as I can (probably early March). I got 15 minutes and he was a great interviewee.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Murray - very much looking forward to it.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Jerry Horne wrote:Less than two months to go until the anniversary and not a word about additional music or any firm word about the series on Blu-Ray or the deleted scenes. What will we get this year if anything?

Are we all just getting a jar of scorched engine oil?

Will Lynch or Frost mark the anniversary in anyway?
I really hope they will...but maybe we only have to wait for paula's book...

Anybody knows when is the FWWM anniversary? I want that movie with all that deleted scenes... :evil:
Roomservice...
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:Here is an event in Austin, Tx. I've also heard from someone who is planning a Miss Twin Peaks contest in L.A.
Just being pedantic, but the poster is wrong - it will be the 21st anniversary of Laura's death... Feb 24, 1989 not 1990.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

garethw wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Here is an event in Austin, Tx. I've also heard from someone who is planning a Miss Twin Peaks contest in L.A.
Just being pedantic, but the poster is wrong - it will be the 21st anniversary of Laura's death... Feb 24, 1989 not 1990.
Take a look at the date of that post ;)
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:
garethw wrote:
Take a look at the date of that post ;)
Oops! :oops:
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

Jerry Horne wrote:I think the time is right for a monster coffee table book. Huge. Introduction and new interview with Lynch. Every known Twin Peaks photo, one per page. All of the scripts. Set blueprints. A selection of before and after location shots by Charles from intwinpeaks.com and a Prop gallery. At the end of the book, are two cardboard cd sleeves each with a rare picture on the cover. The first cd would have all of the remaining unreleased tracks from season one. The second would have 70+ minutes of unreleased music from season two. Each book would be autographed by a random cast member (Sherilyn, Kyle, Madchen, M Ontkean or Lynch) Each book would be shrink wrapped in plastic with small duck prints to discourage people from cherry picking copies to get a certain autograph. One book would be autographed by all five and would contain a certificate that would enable you to have lunch with Lynch at Bob's Big Boy followed a screening of the deleted scenes from FWWM in Lynch's home theatre.
That sounds BADASS. But why no Sheryl Lee autograph?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Black Rose wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I think the time is right for a monster coffee table book. Huge. Introduction and new interview with Lynch. Every known Twin Peaks photo, one per page. All of the scripts. Set blueprints. A selection of before and after location shots by Charles from intwinpeaks.com and a Prop gallery. At the end of the book, are two cardboard cd sleeves each with a rare picture on the cover. The first cd would have all of the remaining unreleased tracks from season one. The second would have 70+ minutes of unreleased music from season two. Each book would be autographed by a random cast member (Sherilyn, Kyle, Madchen, M Ontkean or Lynch) Each book would be shrink wrapped in plastic with small duck prints to discourage people from cherry picking copies to get a certain autograph. One book would be autographed by all five and would contain a certificate that would enable you to have lunch with Lynch at Bob's Big Boy followed a screening of the deleted scenes from FWWM in Lynch's home theatre.
That sounds BADASS. But why no Sheryl Lee autograph?
Well, since we are dreaming, sure!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

38 days to go. Well, if more music or a BR release is gonna happen, it isn't gonna happen on the anniversary date :(
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i guess we get the shaft once again. but really, nothing was worse waiting for season 2 from 2001-2007. Good God that was awful. if i remember correctly they even bumped up the release date by a week. a little too ironic.