The slow pace of The Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: The slow pace of The Return

Post by N. Needleman »

missoulamt wrote:Does anyone feel there's anything good coming from the fact that The Return is so slow paced?
Yes.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

N. Needleman wrote:
missoulamt wrote:Does anyone feel there's anything good coming from the fact that The Return is so slow paced?
Yes.
Is it even fair to say the show as a whole is slow paced? I remember a string of episodes where it was like, 'bam, bam, bam' one plot development/twist after another.

Ironically, the floor sweeping scene takes place in one of the most fast paced parts of the season.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I found it much pacier when rewatching it after the bluray came out. Something about not having to wait a week for major plot developments to happen (e.g. Cooper wake up now!) made me appreciate what was happening a lot more.

I had a work colleague who I tried to get into Twin Peaks, but he never made it past the original pilot. He complained that it was too slow and nothing happened in it. He loved Mulholland Drive, which I claimed was even slower, but he could never be convinced.
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

The Return IS slow-paced... and it's all the more beautiful for it.