Phillip Jeffries imposter / Lost Highway connection?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Phillip Jeffries imposter / Lost Highway connection?

Post by Mordeen »

eyeboogers wrote:
Mordeen wrote:The voice was modulated.

- Mordeen
While first watching the show I also started to suspect Albert, especially due to his facial expressions during the prison interview with Mr.C. However, after playing around with the voice pitch of the phone call a few months ago, I am now leaning more towards it being f.ex. Grace Zabriskie. There definitely is a southern accent going on.
Yeah, I've listened to the samples of the audio "corrections" and there's an argument for it being Grace's voice, but the stumbling block for me is the lack of actual connective tissue between Bad Dale and Sarah and why she'd be duping Bad Dale. More questions.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mordeen wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Mordeen wrote:The voice was modulated.

- Mordeen
While first watching the show I also started to suspect Albert, especially due to his facial expressions during the prison interview with Mr.C. However, after playing around with the voice pitch of the phone call a few months ago, I am now leaning more towards it being f.ex. Grace Zabriskie. There definitely is a southern accent going on.
Yeah, I've listened to the samples of the audio "corrections" and there's an argument for it being Grace's voice, but the stumbling block for me is the lack of actual connective tissue between Bad Dale and Sarah and why she'd be duping Bad Dale. More questions.

- Mordeen
Other than Mike, or maybe more so than Mike, Sarah is the one who would want to be with Bob again (given that she lived with Leland and may be Judy or have Judy inside of her the same way Leland had Bob inside of him).
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

LateReg wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:

- Mordeen
Other than Mike, or maybe more so than Mike, Sarah is the one who would want to be with Bob again (given that she lived with Leland and may be Judy or have Judy inside of her the same way Leland had Bob inside of him).
I get that it could be seen that way, but what's missing is how Sarah could just pop in on Bad Dale's encrypted communications, and what would be her motivation for pretending to be Jeffries?

Albert had both ability and motive.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mordeen wrote: I get that it could be seen that way, but what's missing is how Sarah could just pop in on Bad Dale's encrypted communications, and what would be her motivation for pretending to be Jeffries?

Albert had both ability and motive.

- Mordeen
Very true. I'm not subscribing to any particular theory on this, but the strands are fun to pull at. The practical reasoning for it to be Sarah is if Judy is somehow fully taking over Sarah, then that would be the reason she would pop in and pretend to be Jeffries. She'd have all the knowledge she needs and would have been tracking Bad Coop for a while. That's the great thing about the 25 years later approach. A lot has happened in the interim, and we only pick up small glimpses of what.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Another part of the mystery is Jeffries (or whoever it is on the line) is ticked about Evil Coop meeting with Major Briggs.

If it is Albert, I don't think it means Albert has gone rogue - he could have been doing this to thwart Evil Coop - not help him. Remember, Jeffries or his imposter put out a hit on Evil Coop.