POLL: Which Characters Will We See in the Final Two Hours?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which Characters Will Appear in the Final Two Hours?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 am

Harry Truman
8%
Shelly Briggs
13%
Ben Horne and/or Beverly Paige
7%
Norma Jennings, Big Ed Hurley and/or Nadine Hurley
1%
Leland Palmer
15%
Dr. Jacoby
1%
Phillip Jeffries
No votes
Becky Burnett and/or Gersten Hayward
3%
Jumping Man
11%
Sylvia and/or Johnny Horne
1%
Red
17%
Diane
4%
Jerry Horne
4%
Charlie
No votes
Carl Rodd
11%
Bosomy Woman
1%
Mike Nelson
No votes
Señorita Dido
No votes
Jean-Michel Renault
No votes
American Girl
3%

Total votes: 75
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

POLL: Which Characters Will We See in the Final Two Hours?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Place your bets on who-all we'll see in the final two Parts! Pick 3, you can change your vote. I tried to select a list of characters whose arcs feel like there might be more to say, while avoiding characters who seem fairly likely to appear (the FBI crew, Naido, Laura/Sarah). Here's a list of a few others that didn't make the cut since I could only include 20 (most of these border on "unlikely" for me, but would love to be wrong):

Pete Martell (because Nance is a close friend of DKL and the only major deceased actor we haven't "seen")
South Dakota PD (Det. Macklay, Constance)
Lucky 7 crew (Bushnell Mullins, Tony Sinclair, Phil Bisby)
Renee
Jesse Holcomb and/or Maggie (Twin Peaks Sheriff's Station)
Col. Davis and/or Lt. Cynthia Knox
Miriam Sullivan
Jade
Richard Horne
Wally Brando
Denise Bryson
Doris Truman
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: POLL: Which Characters Will We See in the Final Two Hours?

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Place your bets on who-all we'll see in the final two Parts! Pick 3, you can change your vote. I tried to select a list of characters whose arcs feel like there might be more to say, while avoiding characters who seem fairly likely to appear (the FBI crew, Naido, Laura/Sarah). Here's a list of a few others that didn't make the cut since I could only include 20 (most of these border on "unlikely" for me, but would love to be wrong):

Pete Martell (because Nance is a close friend of DKL and the only major deceased actor we haven't "seen")
South Dakota PD (Det. Macklay, Constance)
Lucky 7 crew (Bushnell Mullins, Tony Sinclair, Phil Bisby)
Sylvia and/or Johnny Horne
Renee
Jessie Holcomb and/or Maggie (Twin Peaks Sheriff's Station)
Col. Davis and/or Lt. Cynthia Knox
Miriam Sullivan
Jade
Richard Horne
Wally Brando
Denise Bryson
Doris Truman
I chose Ben Horne, Shelly Briggs and Carl Rodd. Those seem the most likely. I am of course hoping for many of the others, most especially Leland Palmer.

One interesting case is Red. I am almost starting to think he will end up having been a figment of Shelly's and Richard's imagination.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

I chose Harry, Red and Diane.

I'll also say a glimpse of Part 8's frog-bug girl isn't out of the question.
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

I chose Shelly, Leland and Red. Red's storyline in particular will feel incomplete if we don't see him again.

Almost certain we won't see any more of Mike Nelson, Jean-Jacques Renault, American Girl, Johnny or Sylvia Horne, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

No idea how this'll be wrapped up in two hours...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Shelly, Leland, Jumping Man.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

I chose Red, American Girl and Jumping Man.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I chose Jumping Man (sure hope DKL didn't bring the actor back for just that one shot!), Red and Diane (not necessarily in Laura Dern/"Diane-E" form, though).

Shelly seems like a good bet given DKL's love for the actress and the lack of resolution to Becky's arc (seems slightly more likely that we'll see Shelly than Becky, given the theory that Becky died offscreen -- but I think we'll see both).

Leland also seems likely -- again, it would be sad if DKL brought Ray back for just the one little moment. I'm still holding out hope for a Harry Skype call!
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Leland, Jumping man, and more fun with Jerry in the woods.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

I chose Red, Shelly, Carl. Their arcs have gotten lots of attention but don't seem concluded.

I can imagine seeing Ben again. Maybe Leland, though I wouldn't be surprised if "Find Laura" was all we get (I want to see Ray Wise as much as possible, however!)

But, we might see him, because as you say, Laura and Sarah are givens.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

No Audrey? I thought her fate tied in with Dale's mission somehow. So that means she was one of the more obvious ones, in the category w/ Laura & Sarah? How about Annie?

As a wish list more than a betting pool of choices:
I voted Leland, Ben/ Beverly (otherwise, her scenes esp w/ husband was just wasteful IMO), and Johnny Horne -- because for the love of mercy someone get him away from that infernal-begotten toy bear-talking gizmo?! Just give him his dollhouse back!

Far-reaching wishfuls include Denise b/c Duchovny's talent also was wasted with poor lines and zero charisma s/he was capable of S2; and the bosomy woman and Miriam. The latter as one of few women characters with agency; and the former was to me a apparition-like manifestation in keeping with much of what's enthralled me with Lodge spirits~
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Carl Rodd
Diane
Bosomy Woman

Carl because I feel for him. Diane because the real her needs some airtime. Bosomy Woman because she had her own outro, and maybe she's important.

I wanted more but couldn't have them: Jumping Man, Shelly, Red, Leland, Jerry.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I was sad to leave Bushnell Mullins in Vegas. He'd be a great character within the town of Twin Peaks, but there really wasn't a way to get him there (aside from saying he has a private jet, which would leave us without the Mitchem bros and the Candie trio).

I'm assuming that we'll see Janey-E and Sonny Jim again, if briefly, so maybe we'll see Mullins again if we get a glimpse of Dougie going back to the office (as a tulpa or something else).

In the off chance that we have another installment if Twin Peaks, I hope we get to see Mullins again (not to mention Anthony and the coffee guy).
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

I'd love to see American Girl again. I'm fine for her to remain this ambiguous new American Girl (as opposed to Ronette Pulaski), but something about her performance just notched things up for me. I don't think we'll see her, but may as well put the wish out there.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Framed_Angel wrote:No Audrey? I thought her fate tied in with Dale's mission somehow. So that means she was one of the more obvious ones, in the category w/ Laura & Sarah? How about Annie?
Yep, I consider Audrey almost a rock-solid lock to appear. I'm not expecting Annie. I thought about making her an option because I know a lot of fans view her as having massive significance due to the final line of season 2, but for me, that line wasn't about Annie -- it was about the Doppel mocking Dale's human caring and concern. The cliffhanger was never about whether Annie lived, died or returned to the convent. I might be wrong -- and I'd be thrilled to see Graham -- but she was a very late addition to the original show, during the period which DKL has said "sucked," and I just don't see him building some big reveal around her in the final two hours.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Saturn's child wrote:I'd love to see American Girl again. I'm fine for her to remain this ambiguous new American Girl (as opposed to Ronette Pulaski), but something about her performance just notched things up for me. I don't think we'll see her, but may as well put the wish out there.
I'm with ya! Can never have too much Phoebe Augustine, and the casting choice is one we'll be debating for years.