Poll: Lynch's David Bowie/Jeffries Workaround

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

How well did Lynch handle the Jeffries storyline given the loss of David Bowie?

POOR- Jeffries should have been written out of the script or a better alternative found.
10%
AVERAGE- There were no good solutions to Lynch's dilemma and he did about as well as he could have
40%
EXCELLENT- The Jeffries teapot and the voiceover worked very well
34%
NEUTRAL or still undecided
16%

Total votes: 70
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Re: Poll: Lynch's David Bowie/Jeffries Workaround

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

DamnFineCreamedCorn wrote:I thought it was visually and conceptually excellent, but the voice, and especially the dubbing, was a below-average disappointment that made his absence hurt more.

IMO Bowie's voice should have been left untouched. The evolution of Jeffries should have sounded as strange as it looked, rather than attempting a weak Bowie imitation.
I'm with you on this statement. I would of also enjoyed a different choice for the voice. I think Lynch should of had Jeffries talk in the backward speak. But I guess I'm not the boss of him.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

http://worldofwonder.net/david-bowie-ap ... ks-reboot/ Wish I had read this article that says the cameo never happened last month so I didn't keep stupidly anticipating :cry:
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I'm still hoping that there will be something more conclusive with Jeffries, which is strange because all I want is Cooper now. The steam machine/bell thing was intriguing, and it worked as a mysterious conduit for Jeffries to talk through, but I don't think it's an able replacement for Bowie. The dubbed voice in Part 14 was OK, I think it was fleeting enough to work for me, but I wasn't convinced it was him in Part 15 at all. It decimated my suspension of disbelief in that moment.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I voted 'poorly' although I didn't think it was really that bad. I thought the evolution of the arm was one of the worst and stupidest things I've ever seen, so the bar for replacing characters with objects was set really low.. and as such the teapot kind of worked... but not very well. What worked for me was the visual/sound, it was aesthetically intriguing. What didn't work was the idea of replacing a character with a teapot. C'mon :roll: Was it necessary to include Jeffries at all? I don't know because I must be honest and say I don't really understand all the jeffries subplot who does what with whom against whom and why... perhaps a rewatch will reveal that for me, so far I've only watched once and I might have missed many details.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB