Lodge Spirit origin (Perhaps)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

1derpalm

Lodge Spirit origin (Perhaps)

Post by 1derpalm »

I always felt that that they were elemental spirits . But never thought of the industry connection. Perhaps they now represent the contamination caused by intustry (not my theory, someone else's). Also, a point that seems overlooked is when mfap says "we descended from pure air" in the full scene of the meeting (FWWM). The AIR got corrupted by industry which corrupted the elementals. Also he says "where I come from there is music in the air". It was a murder clue but... lady Dido was just sitting there listening to music non stop in the pure zone. Maybe they also came from there as well.
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Re: Lodge Spirit origin (Perhaps)

Post by DoppelBocker »

This is so open to interpretation I think it really doesn't have a suitable answer.

"we descended from pure air" I took to mean they're immaterial beings without grasp or notion of physical reality. I saw this as a group of them (perhaps can see each individual member as a "type") began to interact. This interaction perhaps led to some sort of individualized awareness at least as far as them being a distinct group. One thing triggered another and they're now perhaps trying to perceive physical reality in a more narrow sense. I look at it as a group of beings trying to carve out their own sort of niche on just a slightly higher plane that can perhaps be perceived similar to our own.

What they are of course is up to interpretation... I think finding out how they relate to the greys perhaps will help understand them more. Mark Frost dug up many sources (aleister Crowley pyramid working being met near the Great Pyramid for example) but didn't really touch much on the lodge spirits in the book. I think perhaps if he does in the next book we'll begin to understand what they actually are in this Twin Peaks fictional universe.

How they resonate with the reader, thematic significance, and what actually are hopefully will be delved into further.