Jeffries and the Monkey

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Jeffries and the Monkey

Post by dugpa »

This was just posted in FB.... Update - confirmed subtitles were incorrect.
Attachments
IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG (215.87 KiB) Viewed 12251 times
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Re: Jeffries and the Monkey

Post by Novalis »

Super interesting -- haven't seen this [text in brackets] before.

I always wondered if Jeffries was identified with someone at the convenience store shindig, since he does after all confirm having been there. Maybe he was identified with the monkey behind Pierre Tremond's facemask. Whatever that entails.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

Ok... *scratches head* :?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Jeffries recast? Now a monkey?

Check it out, from 2:33
https://youtu.be/pi6NNCb9rLg?t=2m33s
Lynch does like monkeys :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

dugpa wrote:This was just posted in FB...
Great catch!

btw: what time does Showtime release the new episodes for somebody accessing through the Showtime Anywhere App? (I.e. can they be accessed at 9:00 PM Eastern time when the first time zone plays the episode?) I'll be traveling tomorrow, but in a hotel with wifi tomorrow night. I have the Showtime Anywhere App installed on both an iPad and an Amazon Fire Stick, so hoping I'll be able to watch it using one of them. Thanks.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

First a new voice for Jeffries in part 14 and now this.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

So, the upshot is, we're totally getting a capuchin monkey voiced by Nathan Frizzell.

I have to say, while it's heartbreaking that we just-barely missed out on a Bowie reprise as Jeffries, I'm happy with this solution. And, based on the one line we've heard, the impersonator is spot on.
BigEd wrote:btw: what time does Showtime release the new episodes for somebody accessing through the Showtime Anywhere App? (I.e. can they be accessed at 9:00 PM Eastern time when the first time zone plays the episode?) I'll be traveling tomorrow, but in a hotel with wifi tomorrow night. I have the Showtime Anywhere App installed on both an iPad and an Amazon Fire Stick, so hoping I'll be able to watch it using one of them. Thanks.
It becomes available the second the show starts airing in your time zone (i.e., 9pm). This is true for HBO shows as well. So, in theory, you can skip to the end of Game of Thrones at 9:01 and spoil it for all your TV-viewing friends!
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

What a delicious development!

Can't wait for what I assume is an inevitable appearance of the monkey in The Return.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Just so I have all this straight: Frizzell said he did the dub to correct something regarding "'this' vs. 'that.'" In FWWM, the line is, "Who do you think this is there?" In TMP, the line changes "this" to "that." Part 14 reuses the take from TMP and redubs it...with Frizzell reading the SAME version of the line ("that"). So he didn't actually change anything from the original version of the take. Am I missing something?
Manwith
RR Diner Member

Post by Manwith »

dugpa wrote:This was just posted in FB...
The idea that Lynch was personally handling closed captions seems questionable.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I think it's been theorized before that the monkey and Jefferies are one in the same. This discovery certainly supports this.

Jefferies attended the meeting above the Convenience Store as the monkey.

And you can speculate that Jefferies speaks the word "Judy" as the monkey at the end of FWWM because he's the only one who mentions "Judy" to begin with.

I am loving the treatment Jefferies is getting in The Return. For me Jefferies and The box experiment are the 2 best mysteries the new series has offered us.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Fans who have been longing for romantic scenes full of swelling music and kisses will be profoundly disappointed by Jeffries the Monkey, particularly when he takes ten minutes to play with his shit. :mrgreen:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Sabrina Sutherland cleared up some stuff before, so I asked her on Twitter with the subreddit handle (dugpa just retweeted it).

An user replied that his bluray says the same thing. I don't have one, can anyone check that?
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Just so I have all this straight: Frizzell said he did the dub to correct something regarding "'this' vs. 'that.'" In FWWM, the line is, "Who do you think this is there?" In TMP, the line changes "this" to "that." Part 14 reuses the take from TMP and redubs it...with Frizzell reading the SAME version of the line ("that"). So he didn't actually change anything from the original version of the take. Am I missing something?
Yeah that seems to be the case. The funny thing is that the "meet the long lost Philip Jeffries" part is from FWWM, so he mixed two different takes.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Just so I have all this straight: Frizzell said he did the dub to correct something regarding "'this' vs. 'that.'" In FWWM, the line is, "Who do you think this is there?" In TMP, the line changes "this" to "that." Part 14 reuses the take from TMP and redubs it...with Frizzell reading the SAME version of the line ("that"). So he didn't actually change anything from the original version of the take. Am I missing something?
I have a theory that Frizzell watched FWWM at some point after having done the voice work for The Return. He may have noticed that the line was different in FWWM, and therefor rationalized the incongruity by deciding that he might have been tasked with dubbing it so as to replace "this" with "that", but either didn't notice at the time or forgot about it in the interim. Most people wouldn't be aware that there's a different version of the Bowie scene in The Missing Pieces.

In other words, when it comes to this overdubbing he may have been thinking "I sure as hell wanna tell you everything, but I ain't got a whole lot to go on."
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BigEd wrote:btw: what time does Showtime release the new episodes for somebody accessing through the Showtime Anywhere App? (I.e. can they be accessed at 9:00 PM Eastern time when the first time zone plays the episode?) I'll be traveling tomorrow, but in a hotel with wifi tomorrow night. I have the Showtime Anywhere App installed on both an iPad and an Amazon Fire Stick, so hoping I'll be able to watch it using one of them. Thanks.
It becomes available the second the show starts airing in your time zone (i.e., 9pm). This is true for HBO shows as well. So, in theory, you can skip to the end of Game of Thrones at 9:01 and spoil it for all your TV-viewing friends!
Thanks!! Looks like I'll be watching at or close to air time tomorrow.

So, Jeffries declares that "we're not going to talk about Judy," and then makes a monkey out of himself by doing just that?? :lol: